Objectivism Online Forum

Ashley's Intro

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone! I'm so excited to have joined this forum!

I'm a Junior at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, AZ and I'm majoring in accouting and finance. I have been working at a real estate agency for the past 16 months and I should be recieving my license soon. (As soon as I take the test.)

I recently moved into a townhome with my two best friends here in Flagstaff, and I'm very excited about living in my first real home of my own. I have a wonderful boyfriend, Nicolaus, who is also an Objectivist.

I'm sure I could talk about myself for eternity, but I'll just leave it at that and if you'd like to know more, you can ask.

It's nice to meet everyone!

-Ashley

Welcome to the forum. Are you still a "future farmer" too?

Thanks for the welcome. I never really was much of a farmer to begin with. I actually joined the organization because it's the largest student run leadership organization in the country, and the only thing at my tiny highschool that offered programs like competitive public speaking, and potential offices. It also allowed me to travel all over the country (Twice to the national convention in Louisville, KY, Once to NYC, and Once to D.C.) My Agriculture teacher did convince me to raise a sheep one year for the fair, but It didn't go over nearly as well as it should have. (My parents still have him as a pet.) Anyway, It's a great organization. Very republican in demographic, and very well thought out overall. The students actually do the work (which impresses me.) Also, they offer awards for achievement, competition in things like competitive production (They have students who actually farm their own pieces of land) and agribusiness.

I guess what I really meant to say is that I'll be an alumni for life, and more than that I'll never forget how rewarding my FFA experience was. Future Farmers of America, not just for Farmers afterall. :-D.

• 1 month later...

Like the username Ashely. My last name is Atwood (yes, I freaked when I was reading Atlas for the first time and there was a charachter with the same last name) but I always joke with my friends and say If I ever wrote an autobiography, it would be called AtwoodShrugged. :glare:

Greetings Ashley! I hope that you find this place as useful/entertaining as I have over the months (not that I have used the forum for a few months now.).

I am considering supplentating my IT education with some stuff, including perhaps some Finance stuff as well, could you suggest any particulary good textbooks or online guides/introductions?