Objectivism Online Forum

Bookmark Area???

Rate this topic

I dunno if its labor intensive, or if there might be another way to do it, or if there would be interest in it,

But I was wondering about setting up a site where the "gold standard" article links are readily accessible?

By "gold Standard" I mean well argued arguments about specific topics (For instance why the UN should not be supported, or free will etc)

I mostly mean external article links accessable from this web site (for instance readily accessible from the beginners questions or current events pages)

But I have also found articles written on this site that I would easily use

I would find this useful because

A) when discussing political issues, it is often helpful to reference well articulated articles. (For instance, I once used an article I believe I saw on this site to convince my Saudi Friend that Democracy was not what his country needed, but rather individual rights)

B) For those issues I am new to, I would not bother other posters.

C) For those new to the site it would add a helpful supplement

I have thought about doing this myself, and I think it is a good idea. If I can get at least two more people who will volunteer to collect links, I will set something up.

I think a forum thread will be a good idea for aggregating the links. If several people volunteer to do the work, I will set up and pin a thread for suggestions.

I would also appreciate it if some of the moderators volunteer to review and add the contributed links.

I have no idea what shape this index will take, so I am open to ideas on that as well.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.