Objectivism Online Forum

Hello: An Introduction

Rate this topic

Hi, I'm a new person here, so here's my introduction. I first read a book by Ayn Rand about a year ago after a friend recommended it to me. I've been hooked ever since. My two favorite books of hers are Atlas Shrugged and Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal. I am currently reading Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand.

I didn't have to change much of my original philosophy to accept Objectivism, but I now fully understand my reasoning behind decisions. I now also have a philosophical sanction on my actions which I didn't before.

After starting my trek of learning Objectivism more fully, I would debate any views that were contrary to mine. I discovered that many people either don't really care what their own views are, or if they do, their views are irrational and unchanging no matter what evidence is presented. So, after getting extremely frustrated at people, I would talk to my Objectivist friend online and he would remind me that I should go to this forum to meet rational people. I finally decided to try the forum, that's why I'm here.

A few other things about myself... I will be a Sophomore in college this year, majoring in Computer Science. My hobby is animation and making movies, although when I don't have enough time to do that (which is most of the time) I will settle for drawing.

Thank you everyone who is rational for being rational. I look forward to seeing your points of view and the rationality behind.

Welcome!

I discovered that many people either don't really care what their own views are, or if they do, their views are irrational and unchanging no matter what evidence is presented.
Yeah, a lot of people are content to not question their ideas. Fortunately, not everyone's like that :lol: