Objectivism Online Forum

New Digg.com Profile Field

Rate this topic

I’ve added a new field for Digg.com in the forum’s user profile. Digg.com is a user-contributed news discussion site.

The reason I’ve added this field (and depending on your response, may add others in the future) is that websites like Digg.com and Slashdot allow users to rank either other’s contributions and comments, and thus determine their visibility on the site. A few users working together to promote or denote a particular story can thus have a significant impact on the site. This can determine how thousands (sometimes hundreds of thousands) of readers see a particular story.

I’ve already had several pro-capitalist stories featured on Slashdot, and at least one forum member has joined after seeing an Atlas Shrugged reference there. If we can add each other as friends and favorably rate each others contributions, we might have a significant impact. A selfish benefit of this is that you see more contributions by people who share your views.

So, add our Digg usernames to your profile right now! You can post other usernames for other collaborative sites below.

(My profile on Digg would be here: http://digg.com/users/HeroicLife and Slashdot here: http://slashdot.org/~GreedyCapitalist )

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here is a list of my Digg friends:

andrewsardone

aynrand

AynRandwasright

ccran

Corbett Lashbrook (corbettl)

Egoist

geekee

habitue

Gary Halpin (humanaction)

jatucker