Objectivism Online Forum

A Brief Introduction Of Myself

Rate this topic

Hello there, fellow forummers. I am VogonFord. I'm 15 years old, live outside Portland, Oregon, and am a rather odd figure in political science (for example, I support the enviornment but I also despise gun control). My friend OwenKellogg introduced me to here. I joined tonight but won't be active for a while (I'm going on vacation tomorrow. Also, for those who are interested in history or want another website for discussion (aka fresh meat :) ), I help moderate on one of the largest history forums on the net, SimaqianStudio (www.simaqianstudio.com). I'll try to post on my vacation and I hope to crush my opponents here in discussion as well!

Cheers, mates

Hopefully you only "crush" opponents when you're right and welcome being a little trampled yourself when you realize you aren't. Oh, sorry strike that: I remember from my days as a teenager that I was never wrong. :lol:

Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully you only "crush" opponents when you're right and welcome being a little trampled yourself when you realize you aren't. Oh, sorry strike that: I remember from my days as a teenager that I was never wrong. :worry:

Welcome to the forum.

Haha no I'm definitely wrong a lot the trick is to make your opponent feel that he's wrong instead of yourself. Works every time.

Hi Vogon,

First, welcome.

As you are probably aware, this is an Objectivist forum, and if you are not familiar with Objectivism, it would be a good idea to look into it before participating, so you know what to expect.

Check out the links under the “Questions about Objectivism” forum to get an idea. Afterwards, see this: http://wiki.objectivismonline.net/wiki/Capitalism

Hi Vogon,

First, welcome.

As you are probably aware, this is an Objectivist forum, and if you are not familiar with Objectivism, it would be a good idea to look into it before participating, so you know what to expect.

Check out the links under the “Questions about Objectivism” forum to get an idea. Afterwards, see this: http://wiki.objectivismonline.net/wiki/Capitalism

Already read it. Owen also maks sure I know what it means :worry:

Haha no I'm definitely wrong a lot the trick is to make your opponent feel that he's wrong instead of yourself. Works every time.
I assume you're kidding. I assume that -- like most/all of us -- you don't like being wrong (i.e. emotionally, it doesn't feel good). That's a life-saving emotion. I hope that intellectually and explicitly, you look forward to finding out where you're wrong: and the sooner the better. That is the essence of intellectual honesty.