Objectivism Online Forum

While Europe Slept

Rate this topic

The Wrath

Excellent book (by a right-wing homosexual, if you can believe it) about how Europe's multicultural attitude is paving the way for Islam to take over the whole continent. He does a pretty good job, IMO, of diagnosing the reason's for Europe's continuing refusal to recognize the problem. Pick it up if you get a chance...pretty short, so you can read it in a weekend pretty easily.

• 6 months later...

I read the following today on my lunch break:

"The government now believes that Britain has struck the wrong balance between the tolerance of cultural diversity and the need for minority communities to intergrate with wider society."
"Last week Ruth Kelly, the communities secretary, announced that the government was undertaking a 'fundamental rebalancing' of its relationship with Muslim organizations and that funding will shift towards those which actively tackled extremism and defended "our shared values".

"The trigger for much of this is not the London bombings carried out by British-born Muslims on July 7th last year, shocking though they were, but an allegedly much more extensive plot to blow up airlines flying to America that was foiled in August. Since then, the security services have reached alarming conclusions about the number of young British Muslims who have been radicalised and their potential to become terrorists. Increasingly, ministers believe that the willingness of successive governments to tolerate and, in some ways, encourage the separateness of Muslim communities in the name of multiculturalism has been a colossal error."

The Economist October 21, 2006, pg.68.

An interesting question that follows from this. Is Tracinski's case being made for him. That in fact our Conservative leaders are learning the right lessons???

Could you please clarify how Tracinski's case is being made from this? I am presently unsure what you are referring to.

You know what. I think I was in my own little world when I posted that comment. Most recent TIA has been on my mind in light of all happening.

The comment is way out of context and probably due for a thread of its own. So I'll do that, rather than hijacking this one.

Apologies. I was spacing...

Sounds good. I'm reading a book now with a similar theme, I think..."The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam and the Crusades." It is very interesting, and sorts out a lot of myths thrown out by liberal multiculturalists.

For example

• christianity and islam are equal in their ability to inspire good and evil
  • the violent muslims are a minority who are are interpreting the koran wrong
  • the west is responsible for the conflict and started it with the crusades
  • etc