Objectivism Online Forum

Brief Introduction

Rate this topic

Hello all!

I found this board by accident when trolling some old Objectivist friend's blogs. I'm a 38 yr old Objectivist. Been so (Objectivist, not 38) since 1995.

Started my journey into Objecitivism when I read The Fountainhead in 1991. I was in the habit of randomly picking up books to read and one day, just picked it on a lark. Ironic that something that impactful stayed on my bookshelf for almost 18 months before I started it. The rest is history.

I used to be active in the early UseNet discussion boards. Anyone who knows what apo or mdop is knows the era I'm from. Names like the Speichers, Diana Brickell, Jimmy Wales ought to be familiar to some.

Looks like the debate is civil on the board. Its interesting to note that some fo the same questions are still being asked, and discussed.

Anyway, look forward to some good discussion. I'll probably lurk for a while until I get the feel of the board.

All the best,

Kendall Justiniano

I found this board by accident when trolling some old Objectivist friend's blogs.

No trolling! Fierce attack admin chew your face off! Grr!

*cough* *cough* I have kind of an odd sense of humor. Anyway, welcome. The Speichers used to hang around here, however there was an unfortunate incident and they split and started their own forum; a fair number of people belong to both places.

No trolling! Fierce attack admin chew your face off! Grr!

:D Well, that was probably a poor choice of words. I guess "surfing" is the right vernacular. I've been an admin on other IPB boards, and I saw apo (alt.philosophy.objectivism for those too young to remember) turn into a lawless wild-west bar brawl so I know the trouble trolls cause.

I join 4AynRand to, but not sure I can keep up with both. Is the Speicher split thread still on the board?

Sure. He announced his (justified) anger at a former moderator here, which was about this thread and presumably this post (and a number of preceding posts which I presume were vandalized), then vamoosed.

Thanks. No worries. I've got the low down, and fine with both forums.