Objectivism Online Forum

Create your own NATION!

Rate this topic

tobyk100

I would like to inform everyone on this forum of an online game where you can create your own nation. Its not very complicated and does not have lots of gameplay, but you can look at it as a resource for sharing your political opinions with others. I would also like to ask the community to help me with an issue (the way you shape you nation in the game)

The game can be found at www.nationstates.net

Recent studies showing that the sources of American Townships's most common street crimes (vandalism, muggings, joyriding, and witchcraft) are children under the age of criminal responsibility has prompted a national outcry for government action.

The Debate

1. "These damned hooligans are running wild on our streets!" splutters hard-nosed Sergeant Calvin Silk of the police force. "My overworked officers can't cope anymore! Everywhere we look we're being surrounded by mobs of unruly children! I need you to give me and my officers the power to dish out punishment to these little hoodlums. I don't care how young these kids are - they need to learn to behave properly as soon as possible. Even if it requires a short jail sentence of ten years or so."

[Accept]

2. "The last thing we need is a police force that prosecutes, convicts, AND sentences young kids!" yells outraged Child Welfare Officer May Bush. "These youngsters are merely children being playful! Let them learn from their own mistakes! You can't tell me you weren't ever naughty when you were that young! Experience is the tree from which learning is a fruit, remember, and besides: the taxes needed to round them all up would be murder."

[Accept]

3. "Hah! Yeh're lookin' at this the wrong way!" says George W. Longfellow, an elderly pensioner, hobbling up to you and poking you in the chest with a walking stick. "When I was wee, and if I was caught breakin' the law, me dad would've beaten seven types of bahoola out of me! If a kid's gone maladjusted and started nickin' cars and whatnot, look at the parents and punish them for not bringin' the tiny scions up right! Yeh can't blame a kid for the environment they were raised in an' that's that!"

[Accept]

Edited by tobyk100

I assume you chose a capitalist country as well? Everyone starts out in the South Pacific. I moved to a place called "Wackyland."

Yes, I'm your new neighbour. I've joined the UN because it makes the game a bit more interesting and their resolutions have been ethical so far.

I joined up and moved to wackyland.

It seems this game has a leftist bias to it.

I rejected the proposal to help the poor (can't remember exact wording), and all of a sudden my country is flooded with them!

Edited by RI1138

Eh, the game only seems like it has a left wing baised because you are a radical (as am I). Trust me if you would have decided to help the poor your economy would have gone down and you might have seen something like "People quit their jobs and turn to a life of bummery as the government hands out welfare to anyone without a job."

Edited by tobyk100

...if you would have decided to help the poor your economy would have gone down and you might have seen something like "People quit their jobs and turn to a life of bummery as the government hands out welfare to anyone without a job."
That's how it works in real world. See Sweden welfare post on forums.

The game is even, in my opinion. A radical on any side will say its biased because it doesnt agree with the truth (what ever you believe in). Trust me the liberals who are playing it are saying, "What do you mean my economy is 'frightening'?!?! The economy does even better when the government takes control of it and regulates it to make sure that there are no monopolies and Blah blah blah"

It might take a while, but I have done like 70 issues and my civil rights are world benchmark, my economy is powerhouse, and my political freedoms are very good.

I've done every issue as an objectivist has. The only grey area has been "Spend money on police/military, or cut taxes"

My nation is the Republic of Redmagne, my currency is the Roark, and I'm in the South Pacific.

The game could be a lot more satisfying (if there could be wars for example, and if there were a visual representation of the game, and if everything were more detailed) but it's fun tinkering with it for 5 minutes every day.

With the first few issues I had no option of making the country a very strict constitutionalist republic - so I've cracked down on elections. I'm a "Benevolent Dictatorship." :thumbsup:

My nation is the Republic of Redmagne, my currency is the Roark, and I'm in the South Pacific.

The game could be a lot more satisfying (if there could be wars for example, and if there were a visual representation of the game, and if everything were more detailed) but it's fun tinkering with it for 5 minutes every day.

With the first few issues I had no option of making the country a very strict constitutionalist republic - so I've cracked down on elections. I'm a "Benevolent Dictatorship." :thumbsup:

Ous are pretty much the same, my currency is the Roark as well and i'm classified as a benevolent dictatorship.

• 6 years later...

Bias?  I'd look at the Most Serene Republic of Goggalorostan.

It spends almost all of its money on education and virtually nothing on law and order, and so there is no crime.  (ergo criminals are caused by undereducation and poverty)

It has a tax rate of 73% and is in the top 5% fastest-growing economies in the world.  I'm sorry, but at 73% I would be a criminal just to get paid in cash.

Still going to give it a try, but I have my doubts. . .

I would like to inform everyone on this forum of an online game where you can create your own nation.

Why just play a game when you can do it in real life? :thumbsup:

Each individual can be their own nation by owning land. They can be their own Department of Housing by building their own home. They can be their own Department of Commerce by engaging in a productive business as an independent Capitalist enterpreneur. They can be their own Department of Agriculture by growing food. They can be their own Department of Transportation by owning vehicles. They can be their own Central Bank by loaning money to themselves for business ventures. They can be their own Department of Health by taking good care of their own body. They can be their own Depratment of Defense standing Army by being able to defend themselves. They can be their own Department of State by making treaties (contracts) and alliances with others for the benefit of all parties involved.

Edited by moralist