Objectivism Online Forum

My art

Rate this topic

Ifat Glassman

• 7 months later...

I have some new work to show. This is my work as a student at Georgetown Atelier (Link if you are interested in knowing more about this school), a small art school in Seattle, from my first year. Enjoy.

Here is a link to the gallery that cycles through the drawings: http://ifatart.com/drawings/

Careful, these involve nudity and may not be suitable for viewing at work.

Ifat_sphere_sml.jpg

20110828061004.jpg

20110828060611.jpg

I'll update more later on.

Edited by Ifat Glassman

• 5 months later...

Hi again. I haven't posted in a while. Here are some drawing from last year and some new paintings from this year. I'm studying at a small private art-school called Georgetown Atelier, these are all my student works. Enjoy, and if you like it you can visit my website/blog and subscribe at ifatart.com. I update my work and thoughts about art there. Thanks!

PotionMakingjpg2.jpg

Rachael_sml.jpg

littleQueen.jpg

And lastly -

Ifat_zakpainting_sml2.jpg

This is very interesting -- I happened to see your earlier posts and see your earlier work, and I was going to advise you to look into an atelier for some solid training, as you needed improvement in a number of areas, but especially in the areas of figure work and values. And now that I finally got to your last entry, I see your work has improved dramatically -- because you are going to an atelier! Congratulations....I have my own atelier, and it is always enjoyable to see how students improve in leaps and bounds when given the proper kind of instruction.

• 2 weeks later...

My early paintings and drawings were from imagination, I wasn't using references at all so yeah... they were very much off in a lot of ways. An experienced artist would make far better imaginative figure. I definitely appreciate my atelier training and life drawing practice and realize now how valuable they are.

You have an atelier, that's great! Link please? Also, what is your name or website so I may view your work?

• 2 months later...

A 4-week portrait painting in Oil.

If anyone is interested this painting is offered for sale as well as the rest of my student work. I will be using these greatly needed funds for my tuition and art supplies.

You have all the info on my blog: Link.

Randy_GTA.jpg

Edited by Ifat Glassman

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Peeps! I have some news. One is the cover of TOS which I see someone posted about above. Another is about my blog, ifatart.com It has a significant amount of posts about the philosophy of art. You might find it interesting. You can subscribe via email or via Facebook. I normally post once a week, so I consider it a mild amount, not a flood-your-inbox type.

On my Facebook page I also load images of all sorts of sketches and paint studies I make.

This is my third year at Georgetown Atelier which means I will be doing mostly color paintings (full palette) this year. My blog is basically kind of a diary recording my artistic progression.

-Ifat

If I remember correctly, you were rather insulting to me when I posted here several years ago. So no, no "thank you". Please don't turn this thread featuring my art into a personal discussion.

Some neat new stuff: I'm currently working on anatomy at my school. We draw models and then draw their skeleton and muscles based on our knowledge of anatomy and what we see. Here are some sketches:

post-3106-0-07694900-1349157243_thumb.jp

post-3106-0-20240300-1349157253_thumb.jp

post-3106-0-66576600-1349157259_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello. It's been almost two years since my last post, but I thought I'd stop by and update this thread. 

I post frequently to my Art page on Facebook; a lot of studies, sketches, imaginary drawings as well as paintings and major projects. You're welcome to visit and 'Like' it to see the content Here or you can also subscribe to my website at: ifatart.com for the more philosophical content (I write about the philosophy of art and my thoughts about my own work and other artists' work). 

So here are a few highlights from the last 2 years (and the last one is a tiny sketch from imagination I did last week). 

Enjoy and if you like it, please visit/ subscribe to my Art page on Facebook. :-) 

GlassBottles.jpg

post-3106-0-96034900-1402354018_thumb.jp

post-3106-0-84028400-1402354031_thumb.jp

post-3106-0-57318300-1402354050_thumb.jp

post-3106-0-85897500-1402354213_thumb.jp

Edited by Ifat Glassman

They are lovely, Ifat. On average, do you spend the same amount of time on each? How do you decide when one is finished?

Hi JASKN. Nice to see you here again after so many years... 

Some of my paintings take over a year as I take a long time to figure things out, some of them take several weeks and some are just a few minutes.

The ones I posted here are: 2 weeks, 3 hours a day for the glass bottle still life, 3 days for the woman in the forest portrait, about 10 hours for the forest trail one, The portrait of a Chinese woman took 2 weeks, 3 hours every day and I was working from life and the last sketch took about 20 minutes or so and was drawn from imagination. 

I have a couple of long projects that I've been working on for the last year and those have countless hours of work put into them and studies to do them. I'm expecting to be done with them by the end of the month. Fingers Crossed. 

Edited by Ifat Glassman

Thanks James and Greg. I very much enjoyed doing that portrait of Ayn Rand...  

I didn't remember or think that the file name was going to be visible once I posted these. It is actually the name I gave it for my own sake to distinguish between the different pictures. The name of the painting is 'Observing', which is the closest name I could think of for that. 

'Even light' was to distinguish it from the other pictures I had of it where the lights had greater contrast. 

OK take care, all. 

Ifat:

My eyes are always locking onto illustrations, but of course, your work goes beyond mere illustration and into fine art. In the future, art students may very well be studying your techniques. This is the first time I've been made aware of your art, other than the Ayn Rand portrait, which I've seen somewhere before. I hope to see more. You have my highest regards.

As a lover of the outdoors and biology, I have to say, I'm really loving the outdoors art! Your latest stuff on Ifatart.com is great. Love the Forest Trail painting, and I love the mermaid painting. The tree paintings looked extraordinary as well. You've really captured the "feeling" of a tree in them - not really sure how else to put it. A lot of art involving trees feels artificial, because it's built off of our broad conception of what a tree is, instead of looking at nature itself and incorporating the irregularities of trees in real life.

Ever been down to Florida or seen a Mangrove swamp elsewhere? I think you'd have a field day painting Mangroves. 

• 1 month later...

I'm in the mood to share this drawing I created. 8''X11'' Graphite, the drawing was done from imagination. 

I named it 'Dancing through Fire'. 

(I post a lot of artwork and studies on my Art page on Facebook, if anyone is interested, visit and 'Like'.  :) )

DancingThroughFire800px.jpg