Objectivism Online Forum

Hello

Rate this topic

Greetings everyone,

I am new here, but glad to have found this place! It seems there are voices all around me every day telling me things that don't make sense.

You see, I'm in San Francisco. We draw the homeless from all over the country because our city is so 'generous'. Our generosity has earned the city a $150+ million deficit. Horrifying.

I am surrounded on all sides by people who feel that the rich are evil and greedy, and should be made to pay. They think that being poor is the fault of the rich, that racism explains all evils, and we need to 'even things out' in order to 'give the disadvantaged a chance'. Sometimes I hear almost direct quotes from Atlas Shrugged come out of their mouths.

So thank you for this place. It is good to see I am not alone after all.

dark_stranger

Sometimes I hear almost direct quotes from Atlas Shrugged come out of their mouths.

Just not the right direct quotes from Atlas Shrugged, eh? (I take it you're referring to the dialogue of the novel's villains.) Just goes to show how perceptive Rand was about the essence of evil men.

Welcome to the board. ;)