Objectivism Online Forum

Castlevania series

Rate this topic

The Wrath

• 1 year later...
Is anyone else a fan of this series? I've always loved the games, but never bothered to buy any until recently, when I bought Lament of Innocence for PS2. Then I also bought Symphony of the Night (my favorite) on eBay, but haven't received it yet.

I'm somewhat old-school in that I played and loved Castlevania IV for Super Nintendo. It had great game mechanics and was truly challenging. I was even Simon Belmont for Halloween one year. :)

I'm somewhat old-school in that I played and loved Castlevania IV for Super Nintendo.

Man, if that's old school, then I'm in the ancient school. I got the original Castlevania 1 for the NES (when I was about 8 years old). As good as it was, it was surpassed by Castlevania 2, which had a significant adventure/rpg element to it.

I still play Castlevania 2 from time to time, as recently as a few months ago. I don't have all that new fandangled technology you kids are using nowadays. The newest system I have is the Super NES. DK Country rocks!

--Dan Edge

Man, if that's old school, then I'm in the ancient school. I got the original Castlevania 1 for the NES (when I was about 8 years old). As good as it was, it was surpassed by Castlevania 2, which had a significant adventure/rpg element to it.

I still play Castlevania 2 from time to time, as recently as a few months ago. I don't have all that new fandangled technology you kids are using nowadays. The newest system I have is the Super NES. DK Country rocks!

--Dan Edge

Donkey Kong Country? What a fantastic game! Unlike the second and third installments of that series I STILL have never found all the secrets from the first game. Even though the second and third games have "more", the first one is definitely the hardest to complete. You have great taste in games. :)