Objectivism Online Forum

Batman Begins sequel

Rate this topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_%28film%29

Sorry I've been posting a lot of links lately.

I really hope the Scarecrow is back for this movie. I thought the character was brilliantly done, but they didn't have enough time to show him actually being the Scarecrow. I also like the choice of Heath Ledger for the Joker. Thankfully, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, and Gary Oldman will all be returning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_%28film%29

Sorry I've been posting a lot of links lately.

I really hope the Scarecrow is back for this movie. I thought the character was brilliantly done, but they didn't have enough time to show him actually being the Scarecrow. I also like the choice of Heath Ledger for the Joker. Thankfully, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, and Gary Oldman will all be returning.

Christian Bale and Val Kilmer, in that order, have been my favorite Batman(men?). Too bad the one with Val was directed by a froofy French poof, and every camera angle was set to show off someone's bulging codpiece. Batman begins kicked much behind IMHO.

Joel Schumacher isn't French. He was born in New York and his mother was Swedish. He is gay, though. However this isn't why that movie featured Batnipples. That was the costume designer. Schumacher only approved the final costumes. Schumacher also made such wonderful 'gems' of awful sense-of-life as St. Elmo's Fire, 8mm, and Flawless, and bad philosophy as Flatliners and The Lost Boys.

On a nicer note, I too am looking forward to more of Christopher Nolan's take on Batman.

-Q

One of the best aspects of the new Batman movie franchise is that it is more realistic. I am not a buff of comic book history, so maybe it's "true to the genre," but the over-the-top, cartoon-feel of most super hero movies is something I dislike, and I think it's less effective. Sometimes it works, as with Spider-Man 2, but almost always it doesn't.

Not to mention that the actors in the new franchise are great, the director is great... I'm really looking forward to the new movie. Batman has always been my favorite. I was really disheartened with the release of Batman & Robin, and suspected that the possibility of further movies had died that opening weekend.

Too bad the one with Val was directed by a froofy French poof, and every camera angle was set to show off someone's bulging codpiece.
(Hilarious phrasing, even if it's not true.) Edited by JASKN

On a side note, I think it's funny that there exists a group of people who spend their lives parodying their earlier lives. Adam West, William Shatner, Jamie Lee Curtis, Carrie Fisher... Leonard Nimoy...

Edited by JASKN

• 1 month later...
I really hope the Scarecrow is back for this movie.

I don't know. I liked that Batman Begins concerned primarily Batman, and not the villains. It didn't romanticize the villains, make them particularly sexy, or let them steal the show. Scarecrow got his due in a more satisfying way than the grandiose overkill prevalent in so many movies. A simple taser transformed him from an arrogant evil to the pitiful, disgusting wretch underneith. In that way evil gets exposed as a weakness, rather than an excitement.