Objectivism Online Forum

Stop the Validation Legislation in its Tracks

Rate this topic

DragonMaci

Well I "Signed" that thing. Last I checked it had a good number of signatures, about 13000 odd. And it is very early days yet.

However of course, there is the possibility that alot of people might be signing this again and again, I do not know what sort of controls on this that site has in place (ie not letting the same IP Address resubmit a "signature"). It does send a validation email, implying it might have some sort of control on this, however as it seems that if you refresh the page (or the page where you view how many signatures have been sent) it resends a validation email...I have to wonder.

I also question whether the Governor General will pay much attention to this no matter how many people sign it, however it is certaintly worth a shot.

Edited by Prometheus98876

Well I "Signed" that thing. Last I checked it had a good number of signatures, about 13000 odd. And it is very early days yet.

However of course, there is the possibility that alot of people might be signing this again and again, I do not know what sort of controls on this that site has in place (ie not letting the same IP Address resubmit a "signature"). It does send a validation email, implying it might have some sort of control on this, however as it seems that if you refresh the page (or the page where you view how many signatures have been sent) it resends a validation email...I have to wonder.

I also question whether the Governor General will pay much attention to this no matter how many people sign it, however it is certaintly worth a shot.

Well when I refresh I don't get that so I think it was just a rare error you encountered.

Well when I refresh I don't get that so I think it was just a rare error you encountered.

yes, but lets hope it does not happen to other people, or it misrepresents facts. However I suspect that most of those are genuine signatures, I am sure that at least that much of a minority are fed up with Labour. But we still need alot more.