Objectivism Online Forum

Why did Dagny save an enemy's life?

Rate this topic

oaktree

Why?

Edited to add: Well, I see this was posted over a month ago. Hopefully Dominique is still around to answer my question :)

She is occasionally.

This other thread, started by Dominique, might show you where she's coming from.

You Rang *LoL*

I thought I felt my nose itching (or was that my ears)...

Thank you Plaintext, I did move this topic to that thread and I think it's pretty much covered thered, but if it doesn't answer your question OPM or you want me to explain more just let me know.

Basically I thought that the idea of only the *elites* being *good enough* for Galt's Gulch was a misconception that fuels a lot of the criticism against Objectivism and I think that students of Objectivism tend to perpetuate it by reading the wrong thing into the story. I realized after some discussion that Eddie Willers refused the Gulch, so I understand it's not the story that holds that (no matter how hard you try there are going to be your natural betters who are just more deserving of the good things in life-Atlantis etc) but it is an opinion some people take away from the book.

Anyway I don't know where to go with it from where the other thread left off. Any thoughts?

• 5 months later...