Objectivism Online Forum

How did the feminists miss this one?

Rate this topic

softwareNerd

How did the feminists miss this one all this while? The little stick-figures in the lights at pedestrian crossings are all male! I never thought of it before. Someone in Vienna did. So, the city is going for a balance between male and female figures.

Other than changing half the pedestrian signals, there are some other signs that'll be updated...

Female exit signs and pictograms in bathrooms featuring a man, rather than a woman, changing a baby, will be introduced at City Hall to start with, the statement said. Seats reserved for the elderly and pregnant women on Vienna's buses and trams will soon also picture a man carrying a child on his lap.

Ha! This reminds me of the legislation they were enacting in Spain when I was there. At the time it made it mandatory for all clothing stores to stock a certain proportion of larger sizes of clothing for all the petite sizes (recognizing the "right" of the gorditas to wear all the same fashions as the flaquillas). I guess recently they simply outlawed thin models.

Seems there is no fiction in Europe so outlandish it can't be magically legislated into the truth.

:thumbsup:

Meanwhile, in other news on the sex/gender issue, New York backed off from a proposed law that would allow people to simply decide what sex they are, regardless of whether they had any sex-change surgery. If one felt like a woman, the advocates said, then you are a woman.

Edited by softwareNerd

The joke is on them. The person on the left is a man in a kilt and the one on the right is a woman rearing pants.

Looking closely at the sign, the figure on the right is obviously carrying a barf-bag after hearing about the "Gender Mainstreaming" project in Vienna.