Objectivism Online Forum

Fountainhead Movie Mentioned

Rate this topic

argive99

• 2 weeks later...
This subject was brought up because apparently Pitt has an interest in architecture and when asked about combining acting and architecture, he mentioned the Fountainhead.

Yes I hear that he and Jennifer Aniston have an incredibly unique home and an incredibly collection of function art (a.k.a. furnitute). It's amazing, sometimes those celebrity worshipping shows do actually do these people justic. They were showing some very futuristic chairs that they had custom made. I'm sure there are all sorts of websites out there with pictures out there, and I think it is interesting.

As for Brad Pitt, he could make an excellent Howard Roark. I know he's getting up there in years, but I always thought that if a remake took place Robert Redford might also be an excellent choice. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Daniel Libeskind
a horrible post modernist architect. I work at a think tank here in Indy, and last night i was reading via one of our publications, his work and architectural design. I can't find it on our website, but I know that having seen some of his work in person, i can say it is truly distastefull stuff.

I fear that the Fountainhead, if turned into a movie, will be completely re-made to something that hardly represents the story except for the title....

I fear that the Fountainhead, if turned into a movie, will be completely re-made to something that hardly represents the story except for the title....

I have the same fear. The Fountainhead is more that a novel, it is a statement. Ayn Rand was the architect of that statement. Can you just imagine some Hollywood second-handers modifying it!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest the main character from Entourage, HBO's new series. He's pretty, built, and the character he plays in Entourage has a lot of self-esteem, and I think he makes it work. He is Jordan Belfi (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0067768/). He might even have angular enough features to pull it off.