Objectivism Online Forum

Hello!

Rate this topic

Many of you may know me already from the Forum for Ayn Rand Fans and/or my writings on the Atlasphere.

I'm Stella, 28 years old, originally from Philadelphia (E-A-G-L-E-S!), and currently living in Brooklyn. I'm a pharmaceutical copywriter by day, and a crossword puzzlemaker (and ace solver -- 6th at the 2005 American Crossword Puzzle Tournament) on the side. I sing in the Young New Yorkers' Chorus, and I'm about to begin training for the Broad Street Run 10-mile race (one of my few New Year's resolutions).

I first discovered Ayn Rand in high school, when a friend recommended Atlas Shrugged to me. While I enjoyed the novel as a great story at the time, I wasn't ready for it philosophically (having been raised in a very strict Christian household and having accepted those beliefs without question). During my college years I became an agnostic, and more open to questioning long-held beliefs. When I met my boyfriend of 3+ years, who is an Objectivist, I ended up rereading the novels, reading Rand's nonfiction essays for the first time, and gradually came to realize that Rand's philosophy made perfect sense. So, for those who despair of finding an Objectivist to love, I am proof that conversions are possible. :(

Hi! I'm from Philadelphia, too. Great game yesterday, no? :(

Well, it certainly wasn't the Birds' best game ever (were they asleep in the first quarter?), but fortunately they were one field goal better, and that's all that matters!

I hope they can turn it on against the Saints on Saturday!

Most satisfying part of the year: whiny T.O. losing to BOTH McNabb and Garcia in the same year. Nice.

Hi! I'm from Philadelphia, too. Great game yesterday, no? :(

I used to live in Philly. I used to love my early morning walks through the fish market. Sometimes at 6 in the morning, even in the winter, I could find a cozy step near a corner and, with a cup of coffee, work on a poem. Now I'm in California, but I still love watching the Eagles win.

Hi Stella.

Brian Faulkner

Welcome to the forum. Designed any Objectivism-themed crosswords?

Actually, yes -- not Objectivism per se but an Ayn Rand-themed puzzle that appeared in the Chronicle of Higher Education the week of Miss Rand's centennial birthday. Unfortunately my PC is shot at the moment, or I'd post the puzzle.

Many of you may know me already from the Forum for Ayn Rand Fans and/or my writings on the Atlasphere.
Hello, nice to see you here. I didn't know you wrote for the Atlasphere. Actually, my opinion of the Atlasphere just improved about 700% with that information. How long have you been writing for them? I haven't been to their website in a couple of years. I wonder if its content and format has changed much since then.

Hello, nice to see you here. I didn't know you wrote for the Atlasphere. Actually, my opinion of the Atlasphere just improved about 700% with that information. How long have you been writing for them? I haven't been to their website in a couple of years. I wonder if its content and format has changed much since then.

I haven't written anything for them in several months, but I think I submitted my first article around early 2005. I've written maybe five or six since then.