Objectivism Online Forum

Men: Squat When You Pee

Rate this topic

Dismuke

The new rage among the politically correct in Europe. Can we here in Nancy Pelosi's America be far behind? I'll bet that Teresa Heinz already makes her pathetic hubby John Kerry do this.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/JohnLeo...ught_to_justice

- - - - -

Young women in Sweden, Germany and Australia have a new cause: They want men to sit down while urinating. This demand comes partly from concerns about hygiene -- avoiding the splash factor -- but, as Jasper Gerard reports in the English magazine The Spectator, "more crucially because a man standing up to urinate is deemed to be triumphing in his masculinity, and by extension, degrading women." One argument is that if women can't do it, then men shouldn't either. Another is that standing upright while relieving oneself is "a nasty macho gesture," suggestive of male violence.

A feminist group at Stockholm University is campaigning to ban all urinals from campus, and one Swedish elementary school has already removed them. In Australia, an Internet survey shows that 17 percent of those polled think men ought to sit, while 70 percent believe they should be allowed to stand. Some Swedish women are pressuring their men to take a stand, so to speak. Yola, a 25-year-old Swedish trainee psychiatrist, says she dumps boyfriends who insist on standing. "What else can I do?," said her new boyfriend, Ingvar, who sits.

Edited by Dismuke

The only men that I've known that sit while urinating are the ones with Prince Alberts, esp. ones that are gauged. They definately "sprinkle when they tinkle." Fortunately, my piercing down there does not interfere at all with urination.

I wonder if Ingvar ever gets the urge to tell her that not only did he stand this time, but he also missed the bowel completely...

I guess parents then wouldn't even have to teach their sons to aim at Cheerios...

This demand comes partly from concerns about hygiene -- avoiding the splash factor --

What a crock. Tell me that sitting on -- actually touching -- a public toilet is somehow more sanitary than not.

No.

Pfft, next thing, I suppose they'll tell me that CO2 is causing the globe to warm.

What a crock. Tell me that sitting on -- actually touching -- a public toilet is somehow more sanitary than not.

Oh, I assumed when I read that that it referred to it being more hygienic for women because now men (apparently) splash on the toilet seat.

Edited by Maarten

Another is that standing upright while relieving oneself is "a nasty macho gesture," suggestive of male violence.

Wow. Just wow... since when is peeing suggesting of violence now? And it's not like the woman is there...witness to his "violent" behavior. Feminists! :)

Jasper Gerard reports in the English magazine The Spectator, "more crucially because a man standing up to urinate is deemed to be triumphing in his masculinity, and by extension, degrading women."

...Wow. Personally, I've never felt degraded by man's anatomical inclination to stand while urinating. Nor by a man triumphing in his masculinity. Where's the head-shake emoticon?

People probably have a problem with a man standing upright in any circumstances. How dare such a lowly and debased creature stand up straight as if he was actually worth something! Men should crawl, instead, you know.

Wow. Just wow... since when is peeing suggesting of violence now? And it's not like the woman is there...witness to his "violent" behavior. Feminists! :)

I'd say that peeing becomes a suggestion of violence when you haven't been to the bathroom in like two days. :P

Edited by Maarten

Oh, I assumed when I read that that it referred to it being more hygienic for women because now men (apparently) splash on the toilet seat.

Why would women be in the mens' restrooms?

I'm working on how to do the other thing standing.

It's... tricky. I gave up on it once they started putting in those seat-shaped tissue-thingies. It's still usually better to hold off until you get home than either option.

People probably have a problem with a man standing upright in any circumstances. How dare such a lowly and debased creature stand up straight as if he was actually worth something! Men should crawl, instead, you know.

Right, cause that will make it much easier to get raped by muslims who don't sit down once they're invaded like france is. Then they'll have the full 'woman experience', since 11 out of every 10 women is a rape victim according to feminists. OUt of all of the efforts at emasculation I have heard, this is clearly the worst.

17%? remind me never to date a swede. Bad odds. I'd prefer to stay intact.

Edited by aequalsa

Well, in the article they quote this woman who said that she dumps her boyfriends if they pee while standing up, and generally people don't have seperate bathrooms at home, do they?

This strikes me as natural selection taking it's proper course.

If one defines most male actions as being tinged with some sort of agression to females, I would think one is not gong to get the pick of the species then.

What is worse, in my opinion, is the first story in the article Dismuke refers to: the 6 year old boy who is charged with sexual harassment for jumping out of his bathtub to shout to the bus driver to wait. What sick educators there are here in America!

No, what is worse is a section on the next "page" of the article:

Because it begins with the masculine-sounding syllable "his," the word "history" has been banned at Stockport College, in Manchester, England. Also banned are the phrases "ladies and gentlemen" (offensive connotations of class), and "slaving over a hot stove (which "minimizes the horror and oppression of the slave trade"). No word, though, about that offensive first syllable of "Manchester."

A government-run employment bureau in Walsall, England, banned the words "hard-working," "reliable" and "smart" on grounds that they discriminate against the disabled. The phrase "commitment and a desire to succeed are vital" was banned as well, apparently for insensitivity toward lazy people. Striving to be reliable and smart, the Labor government rescinded the ban.

A government-run employment bureau in Walsall, England, banned the words "hard-working," "reliable" and "smart" on grounds that they discriminate against the disabled.

Oh man, that is appalling. I guess it's not enough to hate the good for being the good... They have to limit the good's vocabulary, too!

That's the European approach. The American approach is to teach women how to pee standing. I'm working on how to do the other thing standing.

Rumor has it that both Janet Reno and Hillary Clinton stand while they pee.

And when Nancy Pelosi pees, her eyebrows are still raised up in a look of perpetual surprise. (Her botched plastic surgery makes me think of the comprachicos)

What is worse, in my opinion, is the first story in the article Dismuke refers to: the 6 year old boy who is charged with sexual harassment for jumping out of his bathtub to shout to the bus driver to wait. What sick educators there are here in America!
You see, the educators in this country, having eschewed Euro-centrism, now march in lock-step with European Progressive Transnationalism. The key tenets of this latest mutation of Marxism are politically correct oppression of speech and multiculturalism. Having eschewed any of that old Western logic, they are unable to see the irony.

Alternate headlines for this story:

The Metaphysical and the Woman-made

Girls gone wild

The Effects of Not Taming the Shrew

Lysistrata takes over