Objectivism Online Forum

Topics getting marked as read

Rate this topic

That's normal. The board marks topic that have new replies since your last visit. I don't think that there's any way to change that to be cumulative and include ones that you still hadn't read at the end of your previous visit. But I wish there were.

Yes, that's what I did when I stopped reading everything on the board due to time constraints at the end of the semester. I just made a mental note to myself, "Okay, anything after April 20th I probably haven't read yet." :) Then when the semester was over, I just went back to the threads in which the newest post was after the date and got all caught up.

So it's possible to do it that way--but still, it would be a lot more convenient if the board kept track for you.

I don't think that there's any way to change that to be cumulative and include ones that you still hadn't read at the end of your previous visit.  But I wish there were.

Try this:

Go to the top of the screen and click on "My Assistant" and then select "Today's Active Topics." It will take you to a place where you can specify just today's posts or a number of days you may have missed.

Once you select that, you will see a list of topics from the newest to the oldest. Every topic with a message you haven't read will have a little box to the immediate left of the topic description. If you click on that box, it will take you to the first message you haven't read in the topic.

Every topic with a message you haven't read will have a little box to the immediate left of the topic description.  If you click on that box, it will take you to the first message you haven't read in the topic.

Actually, I think that's still just for topics that have new posts since your last visit--not necessarily everything that you haven't read.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.