Objectivism Online Forum

My Introduction

Rate this topic

Hi everyone my name is Rearden [Real name is Ashley]. I live in Australia and I have been a student of Objectivism for 4 years [i luv it]. I have two degree in Commerce (majored in Accounting, Economics, Commerical Law), Computer Science (majored in Software Development) and I am doing my Masters in Information Technology. I actually introduced myself on the OPAR discussion forum a number of months ago but I just haven't had the time to contribute to that site yet! There is just not enough time in the day for it. I have also studied a variety of areas such as philosophy (Kant, Aristotle etc etc), physics, biology, racism, religion (I was raised a christian and for some time was) and currently I am going thru some sociology. Hope to see and participate in some interesting dialogue with you guys.

Ash :o

AshRyan wrote:

Welcome to the board, Ash.

Ash

Thanks Ash and y_feldblum (maybe we should change the name of the forum to AshLand instead of objectivismonline.net *only kidding*) for your welcome. I just finishing reading the posts in the TOC/ARI topic [found in the Miscellaneous]. Interesting stuff and quite refreshing to see how other Objectivists handle that "cult" allegation. I have been hit with that statement ("So your apart of that cult?" or "But isn't that a cult?" or that throw that Shermer Article at me) so many times. Anyway again thanks for the welcome.

Ash :o

Welcome to the forum!

I think there are too many Ash's now. (j/k) I suggest we all change our names to either Bruce or Sheila such that we may be properly identified in public as students of philosophy... <_<

And now, the philospher's song....

VES

Welcome to the forum!

I think there are too many Ash's now. (j/k)  I suggest we all change our names to either Bruce or Sheila such that we may be properly identified in public as students of philosophy... :)

And now, the philospher's song....

VES

Thanks for the welcome R.C. You just made me think of a Monty Python skit I saw, in which they all played Australian's, and all they went by the name "Bruce" except one who was called "Michael". Since this caused some confusion amongst the Bruce's they changed Michael’s name to Bruce hence eliminating the confusion. It was a pretty funny skit in my opinion.

Ash

You just made me think of a Monty Python skit I saw, in which they all played Australian's,

That's the reference I was shooting for. All the girl's would be named Sheila as well.

Immanual Kant was a real p...ant, etc. etc. The philosopher's song is great!

VES