Objectivism Online Forum

Objectivist significant others

Rate this topic

My wife introduced me to Atlas Shrugged back when we were dating, and while she's not an Objectivist, she agrees with many tenets of Objectivism, enough so that we had a number of Rand quotes on love in our wedding ceremony, and even had a Rand quote at the bottom of the program.

It was pretty much the best wedding ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ships passing in the night, really. We met at an Objectivist party in Dallas while she was passing through down to Houston for the holidays. We hit it off and started chatting, and eventually started flying back and forth, and now I'm all moved in with her.

:P

• 3 weeks later...
This is an old post but isn't the belief in "soulmates" mysticism?
It does not imply predestination, nor the existence of a soul as a mystical entity. Without implying that, you can still say that your "soul" resonates with someone else's. "Soul" can be used in a non-mystical sense, and that's how Objectivists use the term.

Ships passing in the night, really. We met at an Objectivist party in Dallas while she was passing through down to Houston for the holidays. We hit it off and started chatting, and eventually started flying back and forth, and now I'm all moved in with her.

And as of tonight, we're engaged! :wub:

Congratulations!

The North Texas Objectivist Society is pleased to host an engagement party for Santiago & Kelly! (They will be traveling down to Texas!)

If you are in the area at the time, please join us to celebrate their happy engagement.

Engagement Party for Santiago & Kelly @ "the Ranch" (Dallas area, Texas), Sat, Jan 17, 2008 @ 6:30 pm!

http://www.meetup.com/Objectivist-Society/calendar/9381528/

Edited by Old Toad