Objectivism Online Forum

Objectivism Skypecast

Rate this topic

OK, I've created another one that will last for 5 hours - "Objectivism and Ayn Rand". I'm new at this, so I don't know if there is an option to have a permenant one.

My name on Skype is prometheus9993.

Click on the link in the previous post and search for this new Skypecast.

I hope there is some interest in this as I am looking forward to talking with some rational people!

Ah, no need to search just click on this link:

https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/sky...?id_talk=399838

For anyone who doesn't know what Skype is, its a program to make free calls over the internet.

A skypecast is basically a giant conference call, or a chat room in which you actually speak.

OK, I've created another one that will last for 5 hours - "Objectivism and Ayn Rand". I'm new at this, so I don't know if there is an option to have a permenant one.

My name on Skype is prometheus9993.

Click on the link in the previous post and search for this new Skypecast.

I hope there is some interest in this as I am looking forward to talking with some rational people!

Ah, no need to search just click on this link:

https://skypecasts.skype.com/skypecasts/sky...?id_talk=399838

For anyone who doesn't know what Skype is, its a program to make free calls over the internet.

A skypecast is basically a giant conference call, or a chat room in which you actually speak.

Good idea. I never knew about this skype feature. I'll sign on sometime when its up.

I bet there are a lot of people who would love to join in one of these discussions but who don't see the posting until after the fact. You should post a date and time several days in advance, and perhaps set a general discussion topic so the conversation doesn't degenerate into random smalltalk. U.S. evening hours would probably garner the most participation.

Firstly, please don't post things like this in the Website Leadership forum . . . it's not an official announcement by or a question to one of the Website Leadership people. It belongs in Introductions and Personal Notes, where I have moved it.

I've also pinned it. I have Skype and I wouldn't mind joining a Skypecast, unfortunately I'm busy a lot and my patience with people chatting in my ear varies from day to day . . . I really prefer typing most of the time. I don't even like to talk to my own family over the phone.

Even better than having a date and time in advance would be having a set date and time every week or three days or whatever. You could try PM'ing GreedyCapitalist about it and see if he'd be interested in hosting it on the site somewhere . . . he's always looking for ways to improve participation in the forum.

Firstly, please don't post things like this in the Website Leadership forum . . . it's not an official announcement by or a question to one of the Website Leadership people. It belongs in Introductions and Personal Notes, where I have moved it.

I posted it in the website leadership section based on the description "Discuss the ideas for new features, activism, campaigns, and manage of ObjectivismOnline here."

I have spoken to a few Objectivists on Skype now and it was fun. This idea should definitely be taken on by the mods and owner of this forum.

• 3 years later...

Note: The days of Skype are kind of past, since they've taken down the feature where you can have a public chat room. However, there are a couple other programs out there where you can do this sort of thing, and I sometimes use PalTalk. If there's any interest in an O'ist chat room there, I'll set one up.