Objectivism Online Forum

Founder's College Weekend Get Away

Rate this topic

By Andy from The Charlotte Capitalist, cross-posted by MetaBlog

Lee Sandstead called and then followed up with the following. He wants to make sure that all of our friends in the Carolinas are aware of the following. I am planning on attending. If you make a reservation be sure to mention Lee's name. The rate is only $35 per night.

Hello my friends!

You are invited for a weekend get-away to Founders College at our beautiful 1,200 acre Berry Hill location in South Boston, Virginia on the weekend of March 3rd. Bring yourself, your friends, your family�”bring anyone interested.

On Saturday, March 3, there will be a great deal of discussion by Dr. Gary Hull and Tamara Fuller of our vision, including the particulars of our revolutionary curriculum and business model.

An exact agenda will be delivered to you shortly. The price to stay for the weekend is $35 per night per room�”that is an 80% discount. So come early and stay late! For $35, I’ll probably be staying on the property myself!

Oh, and did I mention that we are only 30 miles from Red Hill, the last plantation and burial place of Patrick Henry? And that we are only 50 miles from Poplar Forest, the summer home of Thomas Jefferson? Let’s go visit!

And in the spirit of the weekend, Edward Cline, author of the widely-popular “Sparrowhawk” series will be on site to sell and autograph your books.

To reserve a space at this event, please RSVP by telephone (to Ray Weiss at 202.438.6104) or go here by February 22.

Here are some relevant links:

Official website for Founders College

Official website for the Inn at Berry Hill

My pictures of Berry Hill

Official website for Patrick Henry

Official website for Thomas Jefferson’s summer home

Official website for Edward Cline

Edited by softwareNerd
Pasted in the whole original post, instead of the summary.