Objectivism Online Forum

my wedding

Rate this topic

I know that, ever since I've been here, I have always mentioned "my fiancee." Well, that's about to change. I'm leaving straight after work tomorrow, I will be gone for a week, and when I come back, I will be a married man. Wish me luck.

Congratulations! If you don't mind, I'll include a verse for you I found a while back. The author is unknown.

You cannot possess me for I belong to myself

But while we both wish it, I give you that which is mine to give

You cannot command me, for I am a free person

But of my choice, I pledge to you my fidelity and loyalty, that you will be foremost in my life and my in plans for life

I pledge to you that I will always strive for the betterment of our relationship; that I will communicate honestly and openly with you in all matters

That I will be your friend, lover, confidante, advisor and shoulder to cry on,

And that every new joy I experience I will share with you, that I will enjoy it the more for knowing it brings you pleasure.

Not two halves becoming a whole,

But two individuals united for the joy and betterment of both.

This is my wedding vow to you.

This is the marriage of equals.

It isn't the best in the world, but I thought it was kind of nice.

Edited by kuuipo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for all the well-wishing. :)

I'm probably biased, but that was, hands down, the most fun wedding I've ever been to. All of our friends seemed to agree. Whatever flaws the Catholics may have, inability to throw a good party is not one of them...and I wasn't anywhere close to being drunk, so the alcohol wasn't even a factor.

Edited by Moose

• 5 weeks later...

Well, it's a good thing I got married when I did. The city block that housed my wife's dress shop, our favorite bar/restaurant, and the place that took our wedding pictures has been burned to the ground. They've got 10 fire departments fighting it right now.

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=6369602

Edited by Moose