Objectivism Online Forum

Employment Opportunity in NY - Edge Medcom

Rate this topic

dan_edge

Edge Medcom LLC is currently seeking a full-time production assistant.

Edge Medcom LLC is a small, growing company which provides transcription and other services to the medical communications market. We are currently seeking a production assistant to coordinate subcontractors, manage projects, and ensure that deadlines and quality standards are met. We need a detail-oriented individual with exceptional organization and time-management skills. You need to know how to make lists for yourself, manage priorities, and operate under pressure.

Responsibilities Include:

• Convert audio / video to a format usable by transcription software (i.e., MP3).

• Contract, coordinate, and supervise subcontractors (transcribers, editors, proofreaders) on assigned projects to ensure that deadlines are met.

• Complete administrative tasks including order status tracking, Purchase Order creation and approval, etc.

• Proofread final product at various stages of process to ensure quality and accuracy

Requirements:

• 0-2+ Years Experience in Project Trafficking or Production Management

• Good familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), and very computer-savvy in general

• 2- or 4-Year Degree greatly preferred

• Excellent written and verbal communication skills

• Willing to learn new things, work creatively, and grow with the business

• Willing to commute to Monsey, NY

I would prefer to work with an Objectivist, which is why I'm posting this on Objectivism Online. You would be the 2nd employee in the company, with significant opportunity for advancement as the company grows.

I’m willing to train the right candidate.

Salary - $36k +, commensurate with experience

Call 845-558-9328 or email resume and cover letter to [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all,

This job opening is still available. I have interviewed several applicants, but haven't yet made a final decision. I encourage any interested parties to contact me ASAP.

Thanks,

Dan Edge

President

Edge Medcom LLC

845-558-9328

dedge (at) edgetranscription.com