Objectivism Online Forum

The Banana: Proof of God's Creation

Rate this topic

By Diana from NoodleFood,cross-posted by MetaBlog

A link to this 1-minute video proving "the genius of God's creation" via the analysis of a banana was posted to the comments by "rootie." It was just too good not to make into its very own NoodleFood post.

Update: I forgot to add that malaria, bubonic plague, and breast cancer are also remarkably well-suited to humans! Those delights must be due to our sinful nature though.

http://ObjectivismOnline.com/blog/archives/002402.html

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By Diana from NoodleFood,cross-posted by MetaBlog

A link to <A HREF="http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=c5280214e0486b273a5f">this 1-minute video</a> proving "the genius of God's creation" via the analysis of a banana was posted to the comments by "rootie." It was just too good not to make into its very own NoodleFood post.

<embed src="http://godtube.com/flvplayer.swf" FlashVars="flvPath=http://www.godtube.com/flvideo/330.flv&flvTitle=Brought to you by: GODTUBE.COM" wmode="transparent" quality="high" width="330" height="270" name="flv_demo" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed>

Update: I forgot to add that malaria, bubonic plague, and breast cancer are also remarkably well-suited to humans! Those delights must be due to our sinful nature though.

http://ObjectivismOnline.com/blog/archives/002402.html

For some reason , I could not view that entire video, only the first 15 seconds or so. However it is hilarous for what I have seen. I have never heard anyone try to use a banana as proof of Intelligent Design before (or compare a banana to a soda can mind you). Some of his points were pretty stupid, as was his entire point..

What next, is he going to claim that small rocks must be proof too: They are small, easy to grip, and solid enough to use as a weapon/part of a weapon for man to hunt food or slay heathens! Or something as equally stupid. Isnt it interesting the depths of stupidity people will go to despretely try to prove a point that cannot in a million years be proven?

If most of them did not consider it a "vulgar' topic, I supppoe they would make some of those points about a certain part of the of human anatomy :ninja: ...

What a total load of banana flavoured balony that video is! (Pun intended.) What about other things that are harmful to humans to just as a great a degree as that is "made" for us? Did God make them too? With the intent to hurt us? If so he is a very evil prick. Oh, wait, I know from the Bible that he is. Or rather would be if he existed, which he doesn't I know from objective reality and reason that he doesn't exist.

For some reason , I could not view that entire video, only the first 15 seconds or so. However it is hilarous for what I have seen. I have never heard anyone try to use a banana as proof of Intelligent Design before (or compare a banana to a soda can mind you). Some of his points were pretty stupid, as was his entire point..

What next, is he going to claim that small rocks must be proof too: They are small, easy to grip, and solid enough to use as a weapon/part of a weapon for man to hunt food or slay heathens! Or something as equally stupid. Isnt it interesting the depths of stupidity people will go to despretely try to prove a point that cannot in a million years be proven?

If most of them did not consider it a "vulgar' topic, I supppoe they would make some of those points about a certain part of the of human anatomy :ninja: ...

Well said, Dwayne. Your comments made me smile as they often do.

Here is another "proof', this time apparently of divine creation.

Here

The basic idea being that is apparently less absurd to beleive that god made the universe then to beleive it had no such beginning.

This page has some ones that are really idiotic, though I gather these are proofs the site authors have foundf and are trying to demonstrate how stupid they really are:

More stupid failed attempts to prove Gods existence

This one is really stupid, with one of tghe most stupid premises I have seen:

# TRANSCENDENTAL ARGUMENT, a.k.a. PRESUPPOSITIONALIST (I)

(1) If reason exists then God exists.

(2) Reason exists.

(3) Therefore, God exists.

Then there is this one, trying to use absence of proof to the contrary as evidence:

MODIFIED TRILEMMA ARGUMENT

(1) Jesus was either lord, liar, or lunatic.

(2) Can you PROVE He was a liar or lunatic?

(3) Therefore, God exists.

Try not to laugh anything out of your nose if you read some of those "proofs".

Actually, back more on topic for a moment, if you take smaller bananas, like those really tiny ones, a lot of what that guy says does not apply. What would he have to say about that?

Futhermore, he says, "if you study a well-made banana". What about ones that aren't so "well made"? They don't fit so perfectly and don't fit into his theory. I wonder what he would have to say about that and your small bananas comment.

These are called plantains. In fact, most women prefer them to normal size bananas because they're exotic and flavorful.
Yeah, Lois, I see all the sorority girls clamoring for the plantain section.

Anywho. I honestly don't know what I would do to someone who actually tried to use this argument. I'd probably blink at them. Repeatedly. Why bother producing counterexamples? Such people aren't prone to reason and are willing to rationalize anything into service to their God.

-Q

Anywho. I honestly don't know what I would do to someone who actually tried to use this argument. I'd probably blink at them. Repeatedly. Why bother producing counterexamples? Such people aren't prone to reason and are willing to rationalize anything into service to their God.

-Q

LOL! oh yeah, from Family Guy. I had forgotten what those thigns were called.

Good point Qwertz, if someone thinks a small mass of yellow planet matter proves God exists, or hat the fact that being one person isnt an atheist does, then nothing you say will convince him otherwise. If they can erect enough nonsense to make themselves beleive that in the first place, they caan raise as many wall as they think will protect themselves from anything anyone says to them if they wish.

Maybe to see if you can spot their blood pressure rising?

About the most ridiculous "proof" that god exists, and is pissed off, are accounts from Boston around the time the lighnting rod became popular. I've read that some ministers blamed the grat Lisbon earthquake on God's just wrath on the people of Boston, who were using metal rods to spurn His lightning. It si so ridiculous I don't think it's true.

I love this refutation of the magic banana factory argument.

Good video! I like it. Many good points in it. Thanks for the link.

About the most ridiculous "proof" that god exists, and is pissed off, are accounts from Boston around the time the lighnting rod became popular. I've read that some ministers blamed the grat Lisbon earthquake on God's just wrath on the people of Boston, who were using metal rods to spurn His lightning. It si so ridiculous I don't think it's true.

There is one word that is a good argument against religious people and their claim of the Earth being only a few thousand years old. That word is: dinosaurs.

OH, I could almost beleive it myself, I have heard of more ridicolous things than that ...

As for your dinosaur thing kane, that is really easy for them to wriggle out of by claiming that one shouldnt take the dates stated in the Bible literally, that it doesnt REALLY contradict the times proven by the fossil records etc. Not that this holds any water..but my point is that they will just say such things, and close off that approach, at least in most cases from my expereince and from what I hear.

OH, I could almost beleive it myself, I have heard of more ridicolous things than that ...

As for your dinosaur thing kane, that is really easy for them to wriggle out of by claiming that one shouldnt take the dates stated in the Bible literally, that it doesnt REALLY contradict the times proven by the fossil records etc. Not that this holds any water..but my point is that they will just say such things, and close off that approach, at least in most cases from my expereince and from what I hear.

I know they can do that, Dwayne. The point is that it is a good argument.

Right DM.

TPOTK and his video make a good point. If everything is part of Gods plan, he must mean for onions to make people cry and pineapples to be so non-user friendly. Man Gods sadistic side is showing again.

And God doesnt seem to be interested in stopping a nation whom is going nuts over worshipping him from hostile enemy forces...hmm...great plan there.

As for your dinosaur thing kane, that is really easy for them to wriggle out of by claiming that one shouldnt take the dates stated in the Bible literally, that it doesnt REALLY contradict the times proven by the fossil records etc.

Oh, when it comes to dinosaurs, the religionists' rationalizations become so ingenious that you'd swear there is a mind making them up :P

I've heard things like the dinosaurs were killed in the flood (even the small ones? how about new-born raptors?), that there were none near Noah's Ark (but there were South American llamas?), even that they are mentioned in the Bible and became extinct in recorded history! And the classic: the dinosaurs, trilobites, geological strata, etc etc, are all false leads planted by God to test our faith.

It is good for a laugh.

My favorite Young Earth Creationist response to "dinosaurs" is "God lies to you." The idea of a young Earth is inconsistent with an honest God - God either fakes the archaeological evidence to fool people (so they have to have faith in him instead of a rational belief), or he lies to you (in the Bible) about the age of the Earth. But again, such people don't even bat an eye at these inconsistencies - they're all part of the great mystery that is God, and only they are 'enlightened' enough not to be bothered by them.

-Q

Making them up? Why on earth would they need to do that? Nah are you sure? :-P

I have heard some of those reasons you mentioned...not the ones about none being near Noahs Ark (even though their seemed to be all sorts of dinosaurs all over the place according the records).

Here is one, it woudnt dissuade them, but its still a good poing : It can be proven that New Zealand was a seperate island well before humans came about (with dinosaurs, eithear we are missing a lot of more recent fossils or Noah was arouind 65 millioni years ago...). If so then how did Noah manage to get say the Kiwis onto the Ark? Kiwis cant swim to wherever Noah was, so what did Noah come to New Zealand and get the Kiwis etc?

My favorite Young Earth Creationist response to "dinosaurs" is "God lies to you." The idea of a young Earth is inconsistent with an honest God - God either fakes the archaeological evidence to fool people (so they have to have faith in him instead of a rational belief), or he lies to you (in the Bible) about the age of the Earth. But again, such people don't even bat an eye at these inconsistencies - they're all part of the great mystery that is God, and only they are 'enlightened' enough not to be bothered by them.

-Q

Knowing God, maybe he just got the figures wrong. This is the same god that told whomever wrote the Bible that this guy slew dozens of men with one spear, then at soem later date ,it was hundreds of men with the same throw of the spear. :dough:

Edited by Prometheus98876

Oh, when it comes to dinosaurs, the religionists' rationalizations become so ingenious that you'd swear there is a mind making them up ;)

I've heard things like the dinosaurs were killed in the flood (even the small ones? how about new-born raptors?), that there were none near Noah's Ark (but there were South American llamas?), even that they are mentioned in the Bible and became extinct in recorded history! And the classic: the dinosaurs, trilobites, geological strata, etc etc, are all false leads planted by God to test our faith.

It is good for a laugh.

Killed by the flood? What about the swimmers? Were the aquatic dinosaurs killed in the flood as well? Odd, I'd of thought they'd of thrived not died out.

God lies to us to test his faith? Goes to show that places no value in honesty.

Here is one, it woudnt dissuade them, but its still a good poing : It can be proven that New Zealand was a seperate island well before humans came about (with dinosaurs, eithear we are missing a lot of more recent fossils or Noah was arouind 65 millioni years ago...). If so then how did Noah manage to get say the Kiwis onto the Ark? Kiwis cant swim to wherever Noah was, so what did Noah come to New Zealand and get the Kiwis etc?

No, somehow I don't think so. Futhermore, kiwis are flightless birds so they can't of flown above the flood. Anyway, what about some of our unique flauna, insects, and other unique animals? Did Noah come all the way here to save them as well? He most of got here before the flood got too bad if so, which meant he had a very fast boat, faster than the ones future sailors had. That just doesn't add up. Silly God, tell us the truth for once will you? I am sick of your lies. If you value us at all, which you claim to, but I don't believe, then prove it by telling the truth. All this lying of yours is making people turn against you you idiot! :dough:

Edited by DragonMaci

Kiwis cant swim to wherever Noah was, so what did Noah come to New Zealand and get the Kiwis etc?

FedEx handles live cargo, doesn't it?

Seriously, or not, I've heard religious people explain that God brought two of every animal to Noah (and surely FedEx wouldn't refuse Him).

Killed by the flood? What about the swimmers? Were the aquatic dinosaurs killed in the flood as well? Odd, I'd of thought they'd of thrived not died out.

Duh! The excess fresh water killed them (God must really had thought badly of them)

BTW What if God designed the banana for the lower primates, who cannot be expected to process their food as well as we can. Then maybe eating bananas is a sin. Repent! Cast out thy banana split! Right now and twice on Sundae!

Oh of course. GOD got the animals for Noah. Jeesh, t hey never run out of stupid excuses to buy that crap, no matter how absurd they get.

What about those plants that look tasty but are poisonous? Sure, they scare away animals..but does God not mind that stupid people eat them too? Well I am thinking not.