Objectivism Online Forum

Kieth Olbermann Attacks Giuliani

Rate this topic

aleph_0

Olbermann is an idiot and suffers from a massive case of penis envy against Bill O'Reilly.

I stopped taking him seriously when I heard him refer to FNC as "the Fox Nothing Channel" before going onto say "sorry, there's just no longer any way we can use the word 'news' in regards to what they put out." Whatever your opinions on Fox News, this is childish behavior in the extreme.

The things he says in this video are laughable. I hate the way he tries to sound intellectual all the time...using allusions to MC Escher and 1984.

That idiot puts blame for the terrorist attacks on America more than the terrosrists. He also claims that Giuliani is doing the terrorists work for them. But is that enough for him? No he also acts like Giuliani is unique in trying to take away the reason and rights od America, when in truth the current system does that no matter who is running it and when all parties and candidates are trying to do it, just in different ways. He is also wrong in criticising selfishness.

Besides the democrats seem to be willing to surrender to the terrorists and anyone that has payed attention to recent eventsover the last few years and actually thought about them would know this. So Giuliani has it right. Even I know thios and I am from New Zealand and not America. Speaking the truth is not fear mongering and terrorism. It is stating and being consistent with reality, something Olbermann would know nothing about.

Edited by DragonMaci

I watched Olbermann when he delivered this "Special Comment" and was absolutely amazed. His utter hatred of Guiliani (and Bush, duh) has completely overtaken his sense of reason, and he is now unable to distinguish between reality and fantasy.

A shame, because Olbermann - at his best - can be quite entertaining, when not engaged in "bushitler" tirades.

Huh, I never knew he was a sports ancor. One thing that gets me about his tirade, though, is that he objects to the very talk of saving lives. Let's pause for a moment and imagine the kind of politician Olbermann would think is in good form. He would say, "Maybe my policies will work in Iraq, maybe not. At best it's a crap-shoot, but let's be even more realistic: It's invalid to just <i>talk</i> about success or about loss of life. That's un-American. This is American government, damnit, we're not in the business fo saving lives!"

Giuliani has merely said: I believe that my ideas about Iraq will work the best, save the most lives at home and abroad, than any of my competitors. Because ideas have consequences when enacted, and the idea of withdrawal and tit-for-tat retaliation will have disastrous consequences, we cannot pursue that. In New York City, people were tired of being mugged, murdered, having their cars and homes broken into, being afraid to go to the store, being afraid to be in their homes. They elected a man who ran on a strong anti-crime platform and, as a result of my ideas, I saved somewhere on the order of tens or maybe even hundreds of thousands of lives. If I had not been elected, quite simply, there would be fewer people in the world today. Radios would not be listened to by their proper owners, doors would have needed replacing, people would still be afraid of the streets of New York. It's as simple as that: ideas matter. Imagine what my ideas could do for America.

And yet, this is un-American campaigning, if you listen to Olbermann...

My god. How does this man have a spot of television. Seriously.

My god. How does this man have a spot of television. Seriously.

Well, he can be quite entertaining, and given the relatively moribund state of MSNBC, I guess they figure "How many people can he possibly offend? Nobody watches us anyway!". Whatever. :thumbsup: