Objectivism Online Forum

Enviromental Terrorists strike Iceland

Rate this topic

Quite amazing that they have their photos on their web-site, while proudly proclaiming that they sank two whaling ships in port, adding that no lives were lost.

Unfortunately, people like them get some degree of leniency because of the perceived idealism of their intent. If pirates wanted to sink a ships or block ships for some monetary gain, the authorities would probably act more forcefully.

I wonder how many warning they deserve before their ship is sunk. They can be offered lifeboats first -- that way, no lives will be lost.

Nevertheless, using the term "terrorist" for every rights-violator robs it of meaning.

Quite amazing that they have their photos on their web-site, while proudly proclaiming that they sank two whaling ships in port, adding that no lives were lost.

Unfortunately, people like them get some degree of leniency because of the perceived idealism of their intent. If pirates wanted to sink a ships or block ships for some monetary gain, the authorities would probably act more forcefully.

I wonder how many warning they deserve before their ship is sunk. They can be offered lifeboats first -- that way, no lives will be lost.

Nevertheless, using the term "terrorist" for every rights-violator robs it of meaning.

they are not just breaking rights, they are breaking rights to set an example to other people. Thus terrorizing them...

Any word from the government on protecting the rights of the ship owners?

The coast guard has stated that it intends to observe their actions and that it is "making preperations" although it will note give away anything concrete. I hope thse include provisions too use 40mm Bofors... If they get the notion of ramming any Icelandic vessels. That kind of warfare has been practiced before by Icleand. I'm offcourse referring to the Cod war

Paul Watson, is not allowed to enter the country. And is a prominent figure in the animal rights movement.

Edited by BinniLee