Objectivism Online Forum

Anything happening in SF?

Rate this topic

DMR

• 2 months later...
There are the Golden Gate Objectivists:

http://goldengateobjectivists.com/index.htm

I don't know if they really meet up though. I'm in the South Bay, in Santa Clara. Hi :) Where are you in SF?

I think he tried contacting the GGO already. Their website hasn't been updated since March. For whatever reason, it seems really hard to find any sustained Objectivist group activity in the SF Bay Area. I'm in San Jose, FWIW.

• 1 year later...
I think he tried contacting the GGO already. Their website hasn't been updated since March. For whatever reason, it seems really hard to find any sustained Objectivist group activity in the SF Bay Area. I'm in San Jose, FWIW.

The Objectivist Club of Berkeley (at UC Berkeley) is active (since 2005), though sometimes we fly under the radar. Two speaker events in Spring 2008, and two coming up this fall (Sept. 25th and Oct 6th, see the Events page under Activism). We also meet weekly. Contact us at [email protected] for more info, or find our pages on MySpace and Facebook.

Oh yeah, and the guy who used to run the SFSU club - he's now a student at Berkeley :). I know a couple of the folks in GGO also (and I believe they have a yahoogroup for keeping in touch). So, keep asking around. We're here. Just busy.

Katie Brakora

co-founder, Objectivist Club of Berkeley

The Objectivist Club of Berkeley (at UC Berkeley) is active (since 2005), though sometimes we fly under the radar. Two speaker events in Spring 2008, and two coming up this fall (Sept. 25th and Oct 6th, see the Events page under Activism). We also meet weekly. Contact us at [email protected] for more info, or find our pages on MySpace and Facebook.

Berkeley is a bit far to drive from where I am, and many years ago I promised myself I would never set foot in that cesspit of a city ever again. Life is too short.

Best of luck to you, though, since you're there. Give 'em hell.