Objectivism Online Forum

Where Is The Glory In Forests

Rate this topic

TheEgoist

For ages the majesties of the Earth have always been the beautiful forests. Men of every stripe of life have been taught to revere it's winsomeness. The trees are it's main attraction. They stand high and block out the sun. They grow in many colors and are a sustainer of much wild life, which we also adore with our eyes. Percular creatures of many shapes and sizes running about in their colonies, or on their lonesome. Many men spend their lives trying to figure out how these small and large beasts work.

The forest is no doubt a gorgeous and majestic place filled with wonderment, and necessity to study. I know of not many humans who can deny the loveliness of a spring's day in the thick of a forest.

But where is the glory in the forest? Whose hands crafted day and night to make this pcturesc scene so possible? Many men claim it to be God, but there is not much to wonder and marvel about God's creation, if you choose to believe such silliness. It could have snapped it's fingers and the Wilderness would exist.

There is no workmanship of the Forest, only natural cause which we have barely a hand in until day, and that is only to tear what stood down to the ground.

So then, what is there to marvel at? If the forests are unsufficient, where do we look to, to ponder and to be inspired? I stare towards the Skyline.

The Skylines of glorious cities. There is true virtue within them.

They also block out the sun with their height. They are arrayed in many colors and the ultimate beast lives within them. Not the beast of nut gathering, nor th beast of honey making. They do not hatch eggs. This beast is the beast of Commerce, of progress and of Capitalism. This is the beast of glory, man. It was not through acts of nature, nor acts of God, that the skyline came to be built. They are not randomly placed bits and pieces in a chaotic environment. They represent order and the progression of man and his happiness.

Man pricks the sky with his glory. Verv says men are ships, and women are harbors. I say skyscrapers are the pricks of men of glory, and the sky is the endless cunt which those men try harder and harder to penetrate.

Men mock God and nature with these scrapers of the sky, and oh what a beautiful term that is. Skyscraper. Men seeking to make a mark on the world. They seek with the buildings so high, to not merely reach, but to scrape the sky. Men of vision and of morality armed with nothing but their dreams and the perseverance to achieve them. They stand above the rest. Above the peasants who lie on the sides of these scrapers of the sky. They beg for change, and scoff at you when you don't give it to them. They are the weeds and scum collecting beneath the floor of a great and powerful ship.

Collectives of men and women come to these buildings, to protest the man inside. They call him an evil, selfish and heartless bastard with no concern for others. Ayn Rand said, through the character of Howard Roark that when the first man created fire, he was probably burnt on the stake by the fire he sought to create. Forever they benefited from what that man created, but they despised him nonetheless. They despised him for his Individuality, for his originality, for not being like the others. He was sick of living in poverty. He was sick of being another mindless slave to the collective. He stood proudly atop a mountain, waving what he created. The brightness, the warmth. The jealous masses hated him. They burnt him at the stake...

Now men of vision sit above the massed protestors, and they do not feel contempt for those below, but only pity. Pity, and sadness that what he has done had been so warped through their minds. He brought them services thhey would die without. He fought day and night to bring this service to them, to be better than the others. He competed, and he won.

He pities them because they seek to destroy the absolute epitome of glory. They claw and scream at the bottom, he chuckles and sighs at the top.

They seek to bring us back to the primitive, before fire and before accomplishment. They wish we to be mere pond scum again. They hate what we have evolved into, rational individualist beings. They will do what they can to bring us back to collective scum

But in the end, collective scum will be crushed under the boot of the individualistic beast. The beast of glory.

Man mocks God

He mocks nature below

He does what he pleases

Goes to and fro

The collective scum

They scoff at the guy

Who has reached his own glory

And now pricks the sky.

Give me towers above nature

Give me art of forest

Give me glory above poverty

Give me rich above poorest

Give me liberty or give me death

Give me my final breath

If the Collective Scum

Get away with their theft

Feel free to comment, criticize ETC on here or on my blog.

http://ryantheegoist.blogspot.com/2007/06/...forests_14.html

Edited by TheEgoist