Objectivism Online Forum

Settings: Order of Posts within a Topic

Rate this topic

K-Mac

I've only participated in one other forum so I apologize for this probably very simple question. Is there anyway to change my settings so that when I view a topic, the most recent comments will appear first? (Bascially the reverse of what I'm seeing now?) I was able to do it on the other forum I visit, but I haven't seen that feature here yet. Thank you!

I don't think there's a way to do exactly what you want. (When one sees a list of Topics in a sub-forum, the software offers options to sort them in various orders; but, there's no such sorting of posts within a topic.)

One can go directly to the last page of the topic. In most places where one sees a summary-line for a topic, one also sees a "Last Post" link, which will take one directly to the last post. Or, if one is already in a topic, one can click on the little ">>" last-page symbol.

post-1227-1182016414.jpg

post-1227-1182016414_thumb.jpg

Edited by softwareNerd

Also if you use the "View New Posts" link, you'll be presented a list of all the threads with new posts. If you click the little icon just ahead of the title, you'll be taken to the last post that you were reading the last time you were on that thread. Let's you pick up the conversation where you left it off.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.