Objectivism Online Forum

Hezbollah In The Pocket of Iran

Rate this topic

I am not sure of the policy here with youtube videos that have News broadcasts but.

Apparently, a lead member of Hezbollah was captured inside Iraq, and spoke of Iranian funds brought to Hezbollah to kill and hurt U.S troops.

Anymore proof that we should already be in Iran?

I am not sure of the policy here with youtube videos that have News broadcasts but.

Apparently, a lead member of Hezbollah was captured inside Iraq, and spoke of Iranian funds brought to Hezbollah to kill and hurt U.S troops.

You should know by now that we have to negotiate. We can't rush to war. Even if they murder half the America population, there's always a chance they'll have a change of heart, and see the error of their ways. Truly, they are good guys deep inside, no different than us.

I see what you are saying, my friend. We must be tolerant of Middle Eastern radicalism. It is wrong to be so judgmental and harsh towards those that seek to kill us and our military. How dare us, we arrogant Americans!

Have you seen what's happened in Iraq? If we plan to use the same strategies for Iran as Iraq I don't think I want war with Iran: unlike Saddam, Ahminedijad (sp? tried my best) won't be afraid to drop a nuke on America. I think we can only use force against Iran if the White House miraculously grows some "balls" and dispenses with these ridiculous rules of engagement.

Have you seen what's happened in Iraq? If we plan to use the same strategies for Iran as Iraq I don't think I want war with Iran
That is exactly why the only strike against Iran should be very big, hot and mushroom-shaped. Ever since WWII, the US has followed a "don't-win" policy of not actually pursuing a war with the intention of getting an actual surrender from the enemy. Until we have a commander-in-chief and Congress who will order a relentless elimination of all of the enemies with no holds as to how, we will just be pointlessly destroying American money and lives, and getting nothing in return. Which is, of course, the credo of the altruist, so whadda ya expect.

• 7 months later...

Imad Mughniyeh, arguably the most dangerous Islamic Terrorist mastermind of the 21st century, has been killed. He has been considered the brains behind Hezbollah (whereas Hassan Nasrallah is more their political face). Individuals are definitely important in running organizations, spreading ideas and shaping history. I expect his death will be a very significant blow to Hezbollah and the Islamic Fundamentalist movement. You can read more about this here.

Edited by DarkWaters

Cause for War, I'd agree, however we need more bodies in the Army...

That is exactly why the only strike against Iran should be very big, hot and mushroom-shaped. Ever since WWII, the US has followed a "don't-win" policy of not actually pursuing a war with the intention of getting an actual surrender from the enemy. Until we have a commander-in-chief and Congress who will order a relentless elimination of all of the enemies with no holds as to how, we will just be pointlessly destroying American money and lives, and getting nothing in return. Which is, of course, the credo of the altruist, so whadda ya expect.

You guys obviously aren't in the military. Cause for war doesn't mean that we should, or can. We're deployed enough as it is.