Objectivism Online Forum

Bush And Faith

Rate this topic

xobject

Mr. Bush's commitment to faith seems to be getting on my nerves. Lately that includes visiting the Pope and of'course the speeches.

Sometimes i wonder if his father did share the same degree of optimism about God or not. Anyone else has a clue ?

He even said that 'Mr Regon has went to a better place.' ;) Ridiculous as it is all of this, it seems to be the driving force for Bush's actions.

"Ridiculous as it is all of this, it seems to be the driving force for Bush's actions. "

I agree. He is extremely dedicated to his religion, and determined to spread its influence.

A perfect illustration by him of what might be called Christian "turning the other cheek" was illustrated today when he so disgustingly KISSED BILL CLINTON'S ASS at the unveiling of the Clintons' portraits at the White House. It was revolting, the way he *showered* that despicable man with praise and compliments.

One of the lline says that he is:

"Pro life with exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother" -> did anyone know that the Pope dosen't even recognize any such exception. He is also totally against the pill.

As for Mr. Bush, I bet the choice of the mother is of no value of consideration here.

I hope not, but it might be true in his beliefs, that the US soilders dying in Iraq figthing against evil, for a noble goal are destined to goto a higher/better place.

...and if he admits that openly, I am sure no US soilder would like to risk his/her life for such beliefs.

On the contrary, I think we would still be turning people away at the recruitment offices. A huge majority of the country agree with Bush on this issue in one form or another. I think that Bush would be quite well recieved by mostif he said that the peace-keeping in Iraq was doing god's work.

Bush is much more religious then his father ever was. PBS ran a great documentary on how during Bush I's term in the White House his son actually pressed him more toward religion. To see evidence of his religious nature one needs to look no further the his snap answer to the question of favorite philosopher during the republican primary 4 years ago, when he answered Jesus.