Horror Movies

Just one:

“In motion pictures or television, literature is the ruler and term-setter… Screen and television plays are subcategories of the drama…”

You can find it in the Ayn Rand Lexicon under “Motion Pictures.”

I think that the relationship in terms of genre is very strong. A science fiction movie is the same as a science fiction novel when it comes to genre.

Btw, genres can overlap. You can have a science fiction thriller, which means that you can categorize a film in two (and more) genres.

I figure that this thread might be a good opportunity to post something that I have found interesting.

Below is a link to an analysis by Rob Ager of the classic horror film The Exorcist.

Rob Ager’s analysis possibly uncovers a dark hidden narrative in the film. In my opinion, I think Ager is on to something. I’m curious what others on this board might think.

The Even Dark Underbelly of “The Exorcist”

I very much liked a film of Nezvannye!!

I’ve watched horror movies, since I was about 10 years old. I’ve seen about 750 of them believe it or not. I don’t watch them for philosophical context; I watch them for pure entertainment purposes. The wonderful thing I’ve always found in horror movies is how alien they are from the real world. I walk away from a horror movies, rejuvenated and more appreciative of how safe and benevolent the real world is and that things in them can’t possibly happen. It’s extremely hard to find horror movies that fit into O’Ist ethics because most horror films take place in a supernatural world. The few examples of horror movies I can think of that take place in a realistic world would be, (The Descent and Quarantine), but they are few and far between, and you’re even less likely to find an O’Ist horror film.