No. The Israelis started the war.
The establishment of a specifically Jewish state within the land of Palestine was a violation of the understanding that “nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine”. And it was contrary to fundamental principles of religious freedom and equal rights.
While Israel is officially a Jewish state, the government protects the rights of any individual, regardless of religion. I am curious as to why you think that they started “the war”. I am not all that sure I understand what war you are talking about. Is it the Israeli-Palestinian conflict? Or was it the Israeli action against the British occupation? Also, why do you believe the British had just authority in making the Balfour declaration in the first place?
Various Israeli terrorist groups operated against the British and the Arabs from the beginning of the conflict. So while many Palestinians today are as bad as you-all say they are, the Israelis are just as guilty in my opinion.
The links you gave have not convinced me that the organizations referenced are true “terrorist” organizations. Irgun’s stated goal was retaliatory in nature. Can you offer evidence that this was not the case?
From your link, regarding Lehi’s self proclaimed terrorism:
It is not directed against people, it is directed against representatives. Therefore it is effective.
Though I don’t like the Idea of Lehi dealing with Nazis, or the accusation that they were funded by extortion and bank robbing, the terrorism charges remain weak.
The only detailed descriptions of these two group’s (Lehi and Irgun) attacks were against the police, military and political leaders of Britain. They also sabotaged infrastructure. There are only short passages regarding bus bombs and the like. These passages lack enough context conclude that they were not necessary actions to achieve legitimate wartime objectives. I have no choice but to dismiss your recent opinion until you provide that context.