I am not proposing a new debate, but rather want to post my response at a forum to get acclaim and advices.
So, the subject is classic: Objectivism vs. Socialism. I do not put the post I’m answering at here, because I quoted it fully in my own post. I’ll gladly put all previous posts at demand. If this topic is inappropriate here, feel free to move it to appropriate section. So, let’s begin!
I did not expected such comment. I mean, I wait for two days before responding, so emotions don’t get in my way, and comrade Mao {my opponent’s nick is Great Mao, I refered to him as comrade sarcastically} just pours a pile of dirt on me!
It is very interesting that this usually calm and civil man reacts on my sentence about trade that way. I think I’ve found the root of the problem.
And are YOU worthy of help?
Recently the word “help” is used as some kind of idol. I assume that by help you mean selfless donation of money to the ones who lack them. Then listen, I will rather die than ask anybody to give me money selflessly. That would mean that I disvalue either me (assuming that I cannot repay the debt) and the one who donates money (because money is a product of reason, and I ask him to exchange it for nothing).
Man who defecates on those who are unlucky in life does not deserve help
Are you equating defecation with the claim that no one has right to put his hands in my wallet without my consent? Only one man defecates here - you, on my rights. And the reason for you to declare me rightless sacrificial animal is not my vice, but my ability.
Do you know that man is social-biological creature? Man must live in rallied society. It is rallied society that have brought man to progress, and individualism is a cave instinct, a degradation {I must say that what I did not expect to hear is this. Man was really willing to expose truth about socialism
}
Ant is a social creature. Wolf is a social creature. Weaver is a social creature. They instinctively act together as a part of one machine - their “society” (it is not society in the human sense of the word, no matter how much you want it) and they cannot exist outside their society.
Man is a different case. He is different from animals in one property that crashes your socialist theory and it is hatred to which that you’ve just confessed in. This property is rationality. Man does not act on instinct, he thinks, chooses among alternatives by his judgement.
Man who invented the weel did it using his mind, not minds of others who couldn’t do this. Man who invented telephone (Alexander Graham Bell is his name) did it himself too, not with minds of those who couldn’t think of nothing better than pigeon post. Man who created first automobile (his name was Karl Benz) invented it using his mind, not minds of others who thought automobiles were impossible.
Any of these men could survive on uninhabited island, but none of them could survive in a society in which he would be considered criminal for every cent he has that his neibour has not, in which he wuold be deprived of everything others don’t have and in which every man of lesser ability could use his superiority as a right to friuts of his reason. Society that doesn’t recognise his right to live for himself. Society that you offer as an ideal.
Reply to myself:
BTW, I’ve figured out what caused your burst. It is claim that men can deal with each other as equal, when no one bends and no one is bent. It is claim that there exists not only sacrifice and expropriation, but also one productive, noble kind of human relationships - trade.