For over two months, I was in love with my best friend (Francis). Two weeks ago, we kissed at a party while she was partly drunk. Gradually, she started ignoring me (something I only realize now). 3 days after the kiss, I asked her out, and she said no, saying the maximum we would be would be friends.
I felt horrible and used obviously, but since I still love her as a person I was delighted with going back to being best friends. However, she continued to gradually ignore me (maybe because she felt awkward around me), and started complaining crazily about random things, like me responding to what her ex (which I thought she was friends with) commented on my FB wall (a comedy video, nothing relevant). She said I treated her awfully, which was completely untrue, since I have always treated her like my sister and best friend, and that I was rude to everyone.
Last Friday, we had a college party, and when I arrived there and greeted her, she completely ignored me, and didn’t want to talk to me.
I was completely PISSED.
Unfortunately, I chose to drink heavily, which was a huge mistake. Subconsciently wanting revenge, I called up a girl I knew she hated (Julie) and asked if I could go with her to her school’s party. She accepted, and at the party I seduced her and we kissed. While I do think this girl is kind and attractive, I clearly did it out of spite, not only attraction.
After this, I have been completely sad, crying every day. I have told everything to my cousin (Mary), which is also my best friend’s best friend.
I am planning to tell everything to Francis the next day I see her, which will be Wednesday. Is this proper action? What should I do? Can I ever get my friends back? I am completely lost and seeking for help.
Thanks a bunch, Frank.