While I don’t agree with much that is said in the article it is one of the more interesting takes I’ve seen the the issue:
How did you even get past the third sentence?
Even the former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan (for more than two decades a member of Rand’s inner circle, and the disciple who tried to carry her doctrines into the very heart of the American economic system) has been obliged to admit that he overestimated capitalism’s capacity to foster its own best interests.
-crap
How did you even get past the third sentence?
Even the former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan (for more than two decades a member of Rand’s inner circle, and the disciple who tried to carry her doctrines into the very heart of the American economic system) has been obliged to admit that he overestimated capitalism’s capacity to foster its own best interests.
-crap
Like I said, while I disagree with it I at least found what of what was said interesting.. especially the parts where they were comparing the theories of Marxism w/the practiice of Objectivism/L-FCapitalism.
I guess I have a fondness for the zany ![]()
As to the Greenspan… I think my mind just automatically blocks anything with his name out.
““In a strictly Objectivist notion of sovereign individuality, messy emotions and complicated ties of interdependency are abolished. This is inhuman.””
I like how the author can form opinions about her ideas, when it seems he’s only read two biographies about her personal life. The greater portion of the rest is a lame ad hominem attack.
Because everyone knows Objectivists don’t have any feelings… Where did I hear that before?
Oh yes, James Taggart to Dagny.
And Philip to Hank rearden at the mill.
Because everyone knows Objectivists don’t have any feelings… Where did I hear that before?
Where did this meme come from? Nathanial Branden?
There is no dichotomy between reason and emotion; they are meant to be complementary.