Are Any Objectivists Running for Office?

I voted in a recent local primary in which GOP canditates faced no challenger. If anybody knows of an Objectivist seeking office, please tell me so I can give my support.

David Brat in Virginia, who made big news by defeating Eric Cantor in a primary, has some affiliations with ARI.  I think he taught in a program that ARI or one of its supporters paid for.  He doesn’t claim to be an Objectivist.

Steve,

Thanks for raising this topic.

Reidy,

Would you share any insights into your knowledge of the organization that as of late goes by the name of the Objectivist Party? Of what little I know about Dr Thomas Stevens, he appears to be an opportunist with a doubtful agenda. (Among other questionable policies, he seeks to make a holiday of Ayn Rand’s birthday. If that means another holiday for federal workers, it would have to be an un-paid holiday. I don’t to pay for any more of them.) In doing a little searching, I found an old article from Dr Diane: http://www.philosophyinaction.com/blog/?p=2726

I agree with her assertion that our society and its political economy will not likely change until the culture and/or the philosophy of our nation is changed. Essentially, I know there are many voters who distrust government, and the two dominant parties that control it. Looking forward to your thoughts…

Never heard of this organization, though Bing finds entries for it.

 

I suspect that the best use of one’s political money this year would be to help elect a Republican majority to the Senate.  To sell ideas, contribute to TAS or ARI.  The Institute for Justice is always a worthy cause.