Are liberals not allowed to post here?

I ask because a thread I submitted was deleted. As far as I know, I wasn’t hostile or confrontational in it so I am wondering if there is a personal requirement for posting here, ex, you have to be an objectivist?

I ask because a thread I submitted was deleted. As far as I know, I wasn’t hostile or confrontational in it so I am wondering if there is a personal requirement for posting here, ex, you have to be an objectivist?

If you read the rules you will probably answer your own question.

Your thread has two answers. We often move threads from one topic to another and rarely send out messages when we do so. So, it is best not to use the main “tree-like” forum page. Instead, here are some ways:

  • To find your own posts and topics, you can click “My Assistant” and use those options, or click on your own profile and use the options to see “Member’s Posts” or “Member’s Topics”
  • To keep track of what’s happening on the forum, use “View New Posts”

Added: I see that a moderator has locked your thread.

We really don’t care what you “are”, just what you do. The main principle pertains to the purpose of this forum, which is to provide value to Objectivists / students of Objectivism. It follows from this that using the forum as a platform for disseminating anti-Objectivist views or views that are entirely unrelated to Objectivism is not allowed.

It does not follow that you have to only express support for Objectivism, and it is perfectly acceptable and common for people to raise legitimate questions about Objectivism, especially when a person is unfamiliar with Objectivism. There is a particular forum for direct challenges to Objectivism, the Debate Forum, but that is not just an “anything goes” sandbox. Debates have a specific form.

If there is some aspect of Objectivism which you’ve identified which you do not understand and even think you disagree with, then we actually encourage you to lay out your understanding of the Objectivist position and your reasons (even if not totally logically worked out) for rejecting that position. Typically, such disagreements are the result of a person simply not understanding what the Objectivist position actually is; at a more advanced level, I find that it is because people don’t understand what the Objectivist position derives from. If you understand the Objectivist position on e.g. “man’s nature” and there is some fact that you’re aware of that seems to conflict with the position, then assuming that you’ve actually done your homework, the topic is certainly open for discussion.

We really don’t care what you “are”, just what you do. The main principle pertains to the purpose of this forum, which is to provide value to Objectivists / students of Objectivism. It follows from this that using the forum as a platform for disseminating anti-Objectivist views or views that are entirely unrelated to Objectivism is not allowed.

It does not follow that you have to only express support for Objectivism, and it is perfectly acceptable and common for people to raise legitimate questions about Objectivism, especially when a person is unfamiliar with Objectivism. There is a particular forum for direct challenges to Objectivism, the Debate Forum, but that is not just an “anything goes” sandbox. Debates have a specific form.

If there is some aspect of Objectivism which you’ve identified which you do not understand and even think you disagree with, then we actually encourage you to lay out your understanding of the Objectivist position and your reasons (even if not totally logically worked out) for rejecting that position. Typically, such disagreements are the result of a person simply not understanding what the Objectivist position actually is; at a more advanced level, I find that it is because people don’t understand what the Objectivist position derives from. If you understand the Objectivist position on e.g. “man’s nature” and there is some fact that you’re aware of that seems to conflict with the position, then assuming that you’ve actually done your homework, the topic is certainly open for discussion.

okay, thank you every one. I’m a little tired right now (helped someone move today) so I will have to pick up discussions on these forums in a few days. I know how insufficient left wing ideas may seem to some of you. I hope i can bring a surprise to these forums.

But i will review the rules before i post next time.

Have a good day.

Well, now I see that my thread was posted and had two responses but it was closed for some reason.