I hate to say it, but I think socialism is gradually winning. Check out this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmEiREqvUMg
Instead of just directing animosity at specific bankers who speculated and got bailed out (or artificially low interest rates), the Occupy Movement is targeting “the 1%” (many of which played no role with toxic assets). They are looking to demand a politician create jobs when businesses create jobs and senators have limited powers to affect many regulations.
And what is the capitalist counter-movement? The Tea Party started with Ron Paul’s 2008 campaign (of course, those who play on semantics might bring up the original one but you know what I mean). So far, they have not been crashing a ton of events and interrupting politicians on the news with a human microphone. The Occupy Movement seems more enthusiastic, faster-growing, and larger. Ron Paul’s 2012 campaign has a lot of spreading enthusiasm but I suspect he may not win (sorry RP fans - that is just my personal guess), the movement is not as large as OWS, and there will not be a Ron Paul 2016 campaign to keep the momentum culminating. Are there any other gigantic, pro-capitalism movements like that?
It looks like a growing movement that wants to loot successful people is brewing up and will not be realistically offset. Are we eventually headed for Soviet style socialism? Are we screwed?