Irate Christian Parent: ‘I am getting sick and tired of dinosaurs being forced on our children’
The title of the story pretty much says it all. A few highlights:
“Something needs to be done,” she continued. “The science behind them is pretty flimsy, and I for one do not want my children being taught lies. Did you know that nobody had even heard of dinosaurs before the 1800s, when they were invented by curio-hungry Victorians?”
…
She also claimed to have disowned her sister, who “foolishly gave my two youngest some dinosaur toys for Christmas. After telling her to get out of my house, I burnt the dinosaurs. My children were delighted because they know that dinosaurs are evil. I am fortunate that my family has been very supportive, and has disowned my children’s former aunt.”
Questions are being raised in the comment section to the effect that this is likely satire but it’s being sold as a legit story. Whatever the case, there are many Christians with a similar attitude and the left always uses them to illustrate the need for government control of education and opposition to home schooling.