I don’t always agree with his methods, but I love this man’s opinions.
… Expand?
I believe he also wrote a Slate article, but here is a video clip of him on CNN with a CAIRE spokesman…
Good job Christopher! ![]()
Ok, seen the video now. It’s a perfect example of Reason vs Religion. The two secularists speak openly, reasonably and plainly. They even use punctuation besides the exclamation mark in their language. Hooper on the otherhand is actually shouting the entire time. Seriously, watch it again. Perhaps is voice is just unusally quiet normally, but you can hear the strain in his voice the entire time as he darts from one semi-coherent thought to the next at full pelt.
Christopher Hitchens is a good guy besides his work. He’s British but he became an American citizen - gives me the idea and the support I need to feel I should do the same. B) Go Hitchens.
I like Hitchens but he is still clinging to his Socialist beginnings.
I know he is supposedly a socialist but, in my limited exposure to him, I have not seen him espouse a single socialist viewpoint.
The other guy in the second clip is Dennis Prager. He has a daily radio show on AM. He is well worth a listen if he is on in your area. One of the best on radio IMO.
You know, seeing that video made me like Hitchens even more.
He mentioned Ayn Rand and Karl Marx, but in a way basically acknowledge both people as being great (in the sense of having a lot of following) and that people wouldn’t be up in arms if you treated their works in the same way. I think that’s pretty positive, he might not be an Objectivists, but I think he is aware of Rand and respectful. Which puts in a favorable light in my book.