Does anyone here play anything other than RPGs, MMORPGs, and single player console/PC games?
What’s left? :worry:
Pong?
First person shooters, real time strategy games, fighting games, sports games, or racing games?
You know, any games where you compete against other human beings.
Ah. I play a good number of FPS and fighters (mostly Halo 2 and VF4 right now), but rarely online. Mostly single-player or with/against friends in the same room. Maybe when I finally get that PS3/360 I’ll get more into the online stuff…
I played a lot of Age of Empires (I and II) back in the day and Warcraft III a bit more recently. Nothing at the moment though (unless you consider the PvP component in WoW and Eve Online).
EDIT: Counterstrike! How did I forget that?
I play a considerable amount of Halo 2 competitively and have earned over $3,000 winning tournaments in 2006. My Xbox Live gamertags are Diddys and xAchiIIes I encourage you to send me a friend request but please identify yourself so you don’t appear as some random.
I play a lot of Eurogames (boardgames).. If you can find people to learn/play they are the best gaming around.. Google Settlers of Catan or Puerto Rico or just go to boardgamegeek.com…
Trent-
quote name=‘Moebius’ date=‘Mar 7 2007, 08:15 PM’ post=‘140044’]
Does anyone here play anything other than RPGs, MMORPGs, and single player console/PC games?
What ever happened to old standbys like chess and go?
What ever happened to old standbys like chess and go?
I definitely play both, and actually got to the national high school championships in chess my soph and junior years of HS. Go, I am horrible at, but enjoy playing more now a days than chess, but they’re both great. Message me sometime and we’ll play.
As for the topic, I don’t play computer games anymore, but when I did, I played Quake II, Quake III, and Warcraft III in the categories you asked for.
I used to be really into Quake III and Warcraft III as an undergraduate student. Once in a while I enjoy a good eurogame: Settlers of Catan, Tigris and Euphrates and Puerto Rico are my personal favorite. Of course, a group of Operations Research doctoral students usually play these games at an entirely different level. :wub: