And if the Tea Party does come to a full understanding of the reasons why these policies are right, then that philosophy can be realized.
If the Tea Party came to be lead by Ayn Rand (who sprang forth from the grave) then yeah, it would be… not the Tea Party…
There’s nothing wrong with dreaming a dream. It’s not reality though.
Whereas, if the policies and philosophy of the Dems becomes fully realized, then we will have the old Soviet Union right here in the United States. This is OK with you?
Nope, not okay with me. It would also be very bad, for instance, if the Democrats were actually aliens who planned to eat us all for dinner. I wouldn’t be okay with that either.
The “soviet threat” of Democrats is ridiculous scare mongering. They are middle of the road politicians. If they could actually do that, it would only be because the other party wanted to do that too.
Actually, the only people the Tea Party has voted out of office are those who oppose lower spending and less taxes.
And they replaced them with people who do nothing since no politician on either side can oppose Medicare and Social Security and Defense–and those three make up 90% of the spendable Federal budget.
I defy you to show me a single person (beyond Objectivists) who actually understands what Natural Rights are.
I agree that there aren’t any. That’s my whole point. Trying to make a political revolution happen in this state is pointless. You will get exactly nowhere, and its quite possible you will push your goals out a lot further.
The times we live in are only open to philosophical revolution not political revolution. Sure, the former will not be easy and will take a long time, but the latter presupposes the former.
Your primary argument, I thought, for voting for Dems was this idea that the Dems represented the only vestige of reason and logic in politics today – I’m glad to see you’ve abandoned that false argument, that is some progress.
Huh?
You also seem to agree that lower taxes and less spending are a good thing, why would you ever vote for a Democrat then?
Because I think it will accomplish that for my grandchildren, and I think we will live in a slightly safer, more rational world in the mean time.
The Republican “brand” is suspension of disbelief and willful evasion of facts. Romney and Ryan are “flip-floppers” on the deepest levels of their character. We are asked to ignore that fact that Romney wasn’t, then was, then wasn’t and now is pro-choice. We are asked to believe that Obamacare is socialism whereas the same exact programs touted by Republicans is just sensible governing. We are asked to ignore the fact that Ryan was, then wasn’t an Objectivist–we are asked to believe that he never understood that Ayn Rand was an atheist or was pro-choice–asked to believe that somebody only recently pointed this out to him.
I prefer honest socialists (Democrats) to dishonest socialists (Republicans). It’s not a great choice, no, but the choice is clear anyhow.