Hello!

Hi, My name’s Greebo, and I’m late in discovering Objectivism.

Hi Greebo

It’s been about 2 months since I first started reading - well, listening to - Atlas Shrugged. A friend of mine recommended it to me because I was talking about some business ventures I’m pursuing, and how I enjoy “empire building” style games.

At first, I didn’t know if I’d like it - so I asked two people who’s opinions I value very much in forecasting whether I’ll appreciate something or not. My cousin, because he frequently shares my tastes, and my father, because he doesn’t. (Suffice it to say that my father is my own personal Dr. Robert Stadler, and leave it at that…)

Thanks to Audible, I have been able to enjoy Atlas Shrugged for the last two months now during my commute, and I have now moved onto “For the New Intellectual” in the car, and “The Fountainhead” in book form at home. I have been voraciously reading up on both Ms. Rand and Objectivism, and its criticisms, for weeks now, but have only just discovered this particular site.

After half an hour of reading the ethics and debate forums, I knew I’d found another home on the net.

So - :pimp: glad to be here, and I hope I won’t cause too many of you to :dough: as I riddle the forum with :slight_smile: about Objectivism. :slight_smile:

(Oh, and, when are the Objectivists forming their own State and seceding from the Union?) :wink:

(Oh, and, when are the Objectivists forming their own State and seceding from the Union?) :slight_smile:

Got $10.000.000? http://www.privateislandsonline.com/ronde-island.htm :dough:

Got $10.000.000? http://www.privateislandsonline.com/ronde-island.htm :slight_smile:

Is that all they want?

Cause while I don’t, I could chip in a share for partial ownership, if we could make the island self-sustaining and independent. :slight_smile:

What about the Libertarian idea of taking over Vermont peaceably just by moving there? I bet we could co-exist reasonably well. :pimp:

ETA: you missed a 0 - its $100 Mil. :dough:

Is that all they want?

Cause while I don’t, I could chip in a share for partial ownership, if we could make the island self-sustaining and independent. :dough:

What about the Libertarian idea of taking over Vermont peaceably just by moving there? I bet we could co-exist reasonably well. :slight_smile:

At just over 8 square km it’d be a tight fit. Nice central location though.

Ewwww, Libertarians. :wink:

ETA: you missed a 0 - its $100 Mil. :pimp:

Well, that does it. I was going to before, but now… :slight_smile:

Welcome to the board.

Hello and welcome!

Hi, My name’s Greebo, and I’m late in discovering Objectivism.

As in Nanny Ogg’s foul-tempered, evil-minded, serial-rapist tomcat? Or some other Greebo?

Anyway, hello and welcome. The best way to have a valuable experience here on the forum is to ask questions in a spirit of inquiry instead of seeking corrections for assumptions. A lot of people are surprised by the responses they get and the only way to make sense of things is to delve into the reasons for the responses.

As in Nanny Ogg’s foul-tempered, evil-minded, serial-rapist tomcat? Or some other Greebo?

Mrwooowl! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hooray, I’m no longer the n00b-iest n00b! :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome Greebo, and hope to see you around. Good luck as you continue to read and learn more about Objectivism.