Hello

I know there are a few members from Ohio here, and I mainly asked David to start this forum because I’m curious about local politics (which I know nothing about) that probably won’t interest the general board population too much.

Since I’m already a moderator, I’ll moderate this board it that’s all right.

Post if you’re from Ohio!

I know there are a few members from Ohio here, and I mainly asked David to start this forum because I’m curious about local politics (which I know nothing about) that probably won’t interest the general board population too much.

What can I say: we have a convicted criminal serving as governor, a drunk driver on the Supreme Court, an extreme leftist in the US House, Mike DeWine as senator, and a really scarey new constitutional amendment supposedly against gay marriage but actually much more open-ended than that. Plus it’s against the law to breast-feed in Dayton, or to fish for whales on Sunday. Unless those web-pages are full of b*llsh@ft. On the positive side, the voters decided not to repeal the First Amendment. The other good news is that voters did not generally vote for Kerry, though that is counterbalanced by the bad news that they did vote for Bush.

The mayor of Dayton, who just got reelected, is a lush, too.

On the positive side, the voters decided not to repeal the First Amendment.

:smiley: Maybe I’m tired, but that was one of the funniest things I’ve heard in a long time.

*blink* are you in Ohio, Zak?

No, I’m in the Pacific Northwest. Sorry, is this sub-forum only for people in the specific area? If so, we need one for the northwest!

Anyway, I just had to post that comment as it nearly had me rolling on the floor.

Thanks, and sorry for any confusion.

Zak

Ohioans appear to be rather laissez-faire about chatting.

I will probably be in Ohio within the next 5 years.

Sorry, I’m in Michigan. As Maxwel Smart said “Missed it byyyy this much” :dough:

The funny part is that I know of at least half a dozen members from Ohio.

… I’m in Michigan… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey! Go back to your own forum (link). :dough: [just kidding]

The funny part is that I know of at least half a dozen members from Ohio.

There do seem to be quite a few people on here from Ohio. My fiancee goes to Bowling Green and her family (literally, her entire extended family) lives in Wauseon, just about half an hour from Toledo.

There do seem to be quite a few people on here from Ohio. My fiancee goes to Bowling Green and her family (literally, her entire extended family) lives in Wauseon, just about half an hour from Toledo.

EXTREME SARCASM ALERT

Funny thing is Ohio, and Michigan went to war way back in the day. Michigan won, and got the Upper Pennisula, Ohio lost and got Toledo.

Maybe I got that backwards.

The tissue bank where I work currently has a branch in Toledo, and we don’t have on in Michigan, so :stuck_out_tongue:

Of the Ohioans who have posted so far, we are about as spread out in the state as we can get. Dayton, Columbus, and northeast Ohio for me. Now we just need to find folks from Montpelier and Marietta.

Hi brian,

and northeast Ohio for me.

And northeast Ohio for me too–Mentor.

Damn… this forum is loaded with a bunch of evil Buckeyes :wink:

toledo checking in…

been wedged in this lidhole my entire life. the city with so many liberal democrat socialists we’ve now split them into two teams. rather than have republicans vs democrats it’s Ateam dems vs B team dems.

not kidding.

i am in hell.

nother NEO guy. Kent checking in.

I’m in Dayton and I’ve been passing out The Undercurrent at Wright State. If anybody wants to help let me know. Also I have set up the Dayton Objectivist Forum at http://daytonobjectivistforum.freeforums.org .