How to move to the USA and stay there?

I’ve been trying to get in touch with people who have been through the DV lottery and moving to the USA after winning the lottery, but they’ve been mostly unreachable to me. I’ve been doing this because I’ve previously been wanting to enter the lottery myself (and now I have), and wanted to learn more about what happens after one wins the lottery.

If I got this right, when people get a visa this way, they are also required to have either, or a combination of the following: an affidavit of support, personal assets, or an offer of employment from an employer in the U.S. I have very little chance of getting an affidavit as I don’t know any people in the US that well (no relatives either); also, my personal assets are not too great. The last option is to have an employment offer. The big question is - how do I get an employment offer in the US, if I’m not in the US?

I thank you for any help, and if there are similar topics already open, please direct me there.

If you’ve formed a strong friendship with anyone here, I wonder if they could write you an affidavit of support. :o

If you’ve formed a strong friendship with anyone here, I wonder if they could write you an affidavit of support. :o

Unfortunately, I have been absent from the boards for a long period of time and I see that many new people are here, and I only saw several names that are familiar.

But still, I’d rather have an employment offer than an affidavit, so I’d like to find out how to get one even if I manage to get an affidavit.