Is Objectivism an "open system" or "closed system"

I was reading about David Kelley’s split from the Objectivist movement and he went on to found the Atlas Society, distinguishing it from Leonard Peikoff’s Ayn Rand Institute. I’m slightly confused. Naturally one would stick to Peikoff because he is acknowledged as Rand’s intellectual heir but does Kelley deserve any kind of recognition?

Please use search for “Closed” or for “Kelley” in titles. This topic has been discussed extensively. (Check this sub-forum in particular.)

I was reading about David Kelley’s split from the Objectivist movement and he went on to found the Atlas Society, distinguishing it from Leonard Peikoff’s Ayn Rand Institute. I’m slightly confused. Naturally one would stick to Peikoff because he is acknowledged as Rand’s intellectual heir but does Kelley deserve any kind of recognition?

The “open” vs “closed” system debate has been done to death here. You might want to search for the threads.

Just a brief explanation:

You as an individual must always be active minded looking to gain ever more and better knowledge, but Objectivism is a closed system in the sense that it’s Ayn Rand’s philosophy, and any additions to it aren’t her work. Of course, you should add to it if you have discovered something, and if what you add is true and right then all rational men should accept it if they evaluate it as such.

The “open” vs “closed” system debate has been done to death here. You might want to search for the threads.

Just a brief explanation:

You as an individual must always be active minded looking to gain ever more and better knowledge, but Objectivism is a closed system in the sense that it’s Ayn Rand’s philosophy, and any additions to it aren’t her work. Of course, you should add to it if you have discovered something, and if what you add is true and right then all rational men should accept it if they evaluate it as such.

Okay, I wasn’t aware of the other threads about this topic.

Can I delete this thread? I cannot seem to find the correct link to click.