Lorean Shrugged

Word up.

I read Atlas a few weeks ago, very good book. Went out and got a few more Objectivist books and am liking what I see.

So, hello everyone.

Hello and welcome.

How long did it take you? Took me 18 months (not that I found it drudgery, it was, and remains, my favorite book of all time).

How long did it take you? Took me 18 months (not that I found it drudgery, it was, and remains, my favorite book of all time).

Atlas took roughly a week, the five or six other books I’ve read took about 2 or 3 weeks more.

Welcome to the forum! I finished AS about a year ago and my life has changed for the better in so many ways since. I hope you find Rand’s philosophy is as important to your life as it is to mine.

Atlas took roughly a week, the five or six other books I’ve read took about 2 or 3 weeks more.

That’s pretty voracious, so say the least.

Which other books of hers have you read?

That’s pretty voracious, so say the least.

Which other books of hers have you read?

The Fountainhead, Anthem, For the New Intellectual, Philosophy: Who Needs It?, Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal. About her I’ve read her Journals and The Ayn Rand Cult. I want to read We the Living as I heard its her best book and I’d like to read some of Peikoff, his summary of her philosophy mainly.

Word up.

I had Word up, but right now I have Wordpad going.

I read Atlas a few weeks ago, very good book. Went out and got a few more Objectivist books and am liking what I see.

So, hello everyone.

Hello Lorean. Happy that you like Ayn Rand’s works. Looks like you’ve read quite a bit. I would say that Atlas Shrugged is her best book, because it takes on such a broad, sweeping subject. I know Ayn Rand would have said that. Her second best would be The Fountainhead.